• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trails West GN Enclosed

D

doudea

Sep 20, 2009
Western Slope
Im in the market for an enclosed trailer, and am leaning towards the Trails West GN 28'.

Looking for any feedback good or bad?

How well does the track melt system work?

Any recommended dealers to go with?

P

Powderboy

Nov 1, 2001
Renton, WA
For the money its not a bad trailer. But as in most things you buy you get what you pay for. Where I live in WA 2 or 3 seasons driving over the mountains with whatever in the H they spray on the roads a steel frame trailer is going to show some strain. On the other hand for what they charge for a Featherlite you could buy 3 Trails West trailers. Beyond the Aluminium vs steel debate the quality of the building materials on the high end trailers and entry level ones are vastly different. Enough to justify the cost? You'll have to weigh that out.

H

Highmarker

Nov 20, 2004
In the west!
I guess I haven't looked at the Trails
West close enough. I thought the GN was well over 20k. That is sure a "high end trailer" in my book!
Maybe I am way off on the price though. Anybody know?

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Been down this road. Steel blows. Featherlite gooseneck will be our next trailer. They last forever and don't show the cancer like the steel trailers. I've seen Featherlite trailers that have been down the Revy highway year after year and they look new 10 years later. Our 2005 looks terrible Can't keep up with the corrosion. If you don't use your trailer in a heavy duty manner it may be a different situation !

Trails west units look no better than any of the other makes imo.

jokerman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Wy.
Trails West GN

The Denver snow show had a28' burandt edtion for $25,950:jaw::jaw::face-,don't know all the options on it...OUCH!!!!!

SledGuru

Lifetime Membership
May 9, 2008
WY 307
Very nice trailers, can't go wrong with the goosneck in my opinion is go with base model and put your own stuff in it to personalize it and not be the same as everyone else's cause there are better cabinets and stereos out there

P

Powderboy

Nov 1, 2001
Renton, WA
The Featherlite dealer here locally sells trails west. For about 12k you can buy a lined and insulated 4 place trailer with a heater.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Time will tell, but everything that I looked at tells me that this is a great trailer, they use automotive paint to help prevent rust. They even cut the holes for lights before it's painted, to further protect it. All the wiring run inside the trailer to prevent electrical issues with road grime. I bought a 28' loaded up pretty good, and can't wait to use it!

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
If I were going to buy a new trailer I would buya trails west....looks like a little better build than a lot out there.

summitriders36

Premium Member
Aug 30, 2010
Burandt Package

In the gooseneck or 5th wheel version, the Burandt package includes a stereo with amp and 10" sub all by Kicker, drop down benches, 40K btu forced air furnace, traction blocks, ski-glides, enclosed cabinets, PVC floor upgrade, and 110 converter with charge wizard. The head unit on the stereo is a Clarion.

ArcticDoo2

Premium Member
Dec 20, 2007
Eastern SD
Have any of you guys looked at the American Hauler trailers? I don't know if I'm hijacking this or not because everybody is talking about the burandt edition trailers or if you're open to any brand, but we have had great luck with ours. It has two seasons on it and still looks as good as it did the day we brought it home. It does have a steel frame, but it is powdercoated or like rhino lined. I'm not sure which it is, but it has that rough feeling and is extremely durable. In my opinion, It pulls nicer than the aluminum trailers that we go on trips with and is priced a lot better. We also pull through a ton of salted roads and crappy slush roads being from eastern South Dakota. Don't know if you were open to other brands or if you had your mind made up, but I would definitely check out those trailers too.

A
Apr 9, 2011
Driggs, Idaho
Check out steerin.com There is a Trailswest CB edition for sale on it. I ordered one from there. Its the best deal I have seen. Not sure how much they are selling it for but its very similar to the one I ordered. I talked to Matt.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
You get what you pay for,
You pay for what you get.
Go Aluma or featherlite if you can. Down the road you will be happy that you did.
I will never EVER own another steel trailer (other than a boat trailer).

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I hear that you really know how to pick trailers! ;) What's your autograph worth?

My trailer will be done mid December, sans autograph.

LOL yeah I'd take the burandt autograph any day of the week if it actually meant all my **** would have worked.

I'm still so pissed off about all that it isn't even funny.

I have to completley remove all the panels in the trailer and re-do the insulation on it too.

If I had to do it over again I'd assuredly have a Trails West goose neck.

Premium Features