• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 fusion still no dash

triple650

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Canadia
hi guys been a while since ive been on here been real busy with work and all, i got a new relay plugged it in still no dash. i took off the seat and pulled the gas tank back and found three wires that where rubbing and were almost cut right off, fixed em and the dash still dont work. if it shorted out could it have blown something? cause the sled still runs but no dash and its really bugging me so any othewr help would be apreciated!

triple650

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Canadia
come on theres gotta be atleast somone who has an idea? I unplugged everything from my handle bars, the sled will run but no dash at all. not sure if theres a voltage regulator or not ill look. but yea any help on this would be awsome also i took my suspension out last night and my track to check my bearings both lower drive bearings are finished and my front shock mount is almost broken off, good thing i looked into it LOL.

triple650

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Canadia
allright thanks i went through both of those threads, the first one sounds exactly like mine it runs good, but no hood lights or dash. i hadnt disconnected the left handwarmer and other wire i just went outside and did that ran it still nothing.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Did u Check the wiring to the chassis relay?? And try jumping the pins on it?
Try ohming the wires before and after the relay from Ecuador and to hood?
Also check for a stuck pin in your wiring harness into your gauges..

triple650

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Canadia
Did u Check the wiring to the chassis relay?? And try jumping the pins on it?
Try ohming the wires before and after the relay from Ecuador and to hood?
Also check for a stuck pin in your wiring harness into your gauges..

i dont know what you mean jumping pins?

and again ohming the wires not sure,

and stuck pin ? do u mean like stuck inside? cause in one of the plugs there was rust in one slot we tried cleaning it out. but before this happened my lights would sometimes cut out, they would be on but just barely then i would wiggle the two plugs then they would work not sure why hope it helps.

and im sorry for my lack of knowledge electronics are not my thing but thanks anyways.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
i dont know what you mean jumping pins?
jumping pins, i mean using a jumper wire, remove the chassis relay and jump across terminals...its been a while since i read the EXACT ones to do, but doing this will tell you if the ECU is sending a signal to that wire..and if not the ecu is defective...buts lets stay away from them for now..lol..

and again ohming the wires not sure, ohm a wire is using a multimeter and setting it to the "horsehoe" symbol, and connecting the 2 leads from the meter...one on each end of a single wire it will send a signal through that wire...if the meter reads anything the wire is good..if it reads OL, there is a break in the wire somewhere within the insulation..meaning the wire is broken and need replaced..VERY good troubleshooting help

and stuck pin ? do u mean like stuck inside? cause in one of the plugs there was rust in one slot we tried cleaning it out. but before this happened my lights would sometimes cut out, they would be on but just barely then i would wiggle the two plugs then they would work not sure why hope it helps.
a stuck pin could be pushed in, if you connected the wiring harness to the gauge and 1 pin was at an angel, the housing could have pushed it back into the housing and therefore there is no power going through it into the gauge...pull the harness out and look at all the pins inside and make sure they are all nice and stiff in there and not excessively loose either..

and im sorry for my lack of knowledge electronics are not my thing but thanks anyways.
no worries my friend..we all have to learn one day ;)

if you said there was rust in there...you might have a busted wire IN the harness plug...if the rust was very bad it could have weakend the wire and it eventually broke from the connector pin when you wiggled it the last time..

i would pull the wire harness from the gauges and pull back the rubber boot, cut the tape off (CAREFULLY) and go through the wiring very closely..you might even have to pull each pin out and check them one by one if the rust busted the wire..you wont see it from the connector..only from the other side..give each wire a slight "tug" and see if one falls out..just be careful not to break the pins when you pull them or remove the wire...there picky..

also dont pull more then 1 wire out at a time..or your gonna be humping the wiring diagram for a while figuring it out ;)

hope it helps man..let me knw...im surprised how much i "forgot" with it being summer...lol..im a newbie all over again :face-icon-small-con

replies in RED

triple650

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Canadia
allright thanks alot man when ever i get time hopefully tomorow ill get my dad to gimme a hand with that, i just got in now and its 10 pm. lol i hope i can get this monster back up so i can finish adding parts to it hahaha.

Premium Features