• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Klim Arctic GTX

B

bretton_s

Jul 22, 2010
Dawson Creek, BC
Are these brand new boots or something? I haven't heard much about them nor can I find any posts regarding them.

Does anyone have any thoughts/opinions/experience on these boots? Are they stiff compared to the Adrenaline & Radium GTX boots?

R

Rotaris

Dec 1, 2007
Just got mine!

Tried them on in the living room. Seem to fit well.

This winter will be the test!

B

bretton_s

Jul 22, 2010
Dawson Creek, BC
Rotaris, how are they compared to the Radiums/Adrenalines? Are they big and bulky (heavier?) or a fairly usable boot that one could even drive or walk around in?

I tried on a Radium GTX today but decided it wasn't for me. I like a little more flex in a boot. I'm not certain an Adrenaline is warm enough -- gets pretty darn cold around here.

Thanks.

Luvinit

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Sask,Canada
I came across a report in one of the mags this fall, they are new and are for colder weather, I,m trying to find more info also.

culater

Lifetime Membership
Oct 9, 2006
The Arctic GTX boot is new for this year. They have twice the insulation as the Adrenaline GTX boot and they are bigger because of the added insulation. They are comparible in size to the Radiums but have the same flex as the Adrenaline and will be great boot in colder climates. I have all the Klim boots in stock and can ship anywhere in the USA. Due to my dealer agreement with Klim I cannot ship to Canada. PM me if you would like a price shipped to your location.

smoking_powerstroke

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2007
North Dakota
Just picked my Arctic GTX boots up last night one thing I noticed is they run about one size small. I wear a size 12 street shoe, my boots are 13 and are still a little small. But once they are broke in should be JUST right.

Last edited:
C
Feb 11, 2010
Ooh i just cant decide witch boot to buy between the those klim arctic or the new hmk team boot. Any thoughts of them? A review would be killer...

FirstPlaceParts

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Mina, SD
www.FirstPlaceParts.com
Klim Boots

Here is little more info.

The Klim Adrenaline GTX has 600 grams of Thinsulate and the Arctic GTX has 1200 grams of Thinsulate. Both are Gore-Tex, thus waterproof and breathable.

We were at a couple of shows last month and what I asked people when they wanted to talk boots was: Do you have cold or warm feet when you ride.

If you have cold feet buy the Arctic GTX if your feet are generally fine buy the Adrenaline GTX boot. I generally have cold feet and with a good Klim sock my feet are fine in the Adrenaline GTX boot.

***I think the Arctic GTX boot is geared more towards the Midwest rider that spends more time sitting than the Western rider. Not a slam, I am from the Midwest.

Here is a link to all of Klim's boots and shoes if you want to compare:

Klim Boots

Thanks
Mark

B

bretton_s

Jul 22, 2010
Dawson Creek, BC
Just a follow-up. I did end up buying these boots - the Klim.ca dealer I bought from via the net said they are sized a bit smaller so I order a 13 - usually I'm a 12. They fit just great, especially after the first ride. This first ride incidentally happened to contain a walk out of the mountains (see my thread: http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2548133#post2548133) so I definitely had a good test session. I've also been on several rides since and I'm happy to report that they are really sweet. The walk rubbed the backs of my calves raw but they were soaked from a creek mishap previously and I think 14km of walking any boot would be sore there, likely worse. But my feet were fine and no blisters anywhere. Warm despite being wet. All other trips my feet stay toasty warm and sweating hasn't been an issue. I do wear the Klim socks as well which I am told is key.

Definitely a positive review. I can appreciate the fact that unlike some sledding boats you could walk out of a tricky situation without major problems, something I didn't think of previously. Just thought I'd let people know about these boots in the future.

Premium Features