• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Roll Over Valve Issues

TheYamMan

Lifetime Membership
May 11, 2008
Labrador City, NL
I started my sled today before hitting the trail and I could hear a clicking sound so I pulled the side panels off and the ROV was building up pressure and then it would click and blow-off....Ive never noticed this before I thinking it isnt normal??

Sled runs fine I just pulled the Valve off for today.

Thanks,

natedawgedog

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2011
dlg ak
I started my sled today before hitting the trail and I could hear a clicking sound so I pulled the side panels off and the ROV was building up pressure and then it would click and blow-off....Ive never noticed this before I thinking it isnt normal??

Sled runs fine I just pulled the Valve off for today.

Thanks,

sounds like you have a short between your tether (or just a faulty tether) and the ROV, thats the only way I can think the ROV would be shutting and opening like that, when the ROV is disconnected from the battery it is normaly open to allow your crank to breath like it should. also the ROV should be inspected, cleaned once a year.

TheYamMan

Lifetime Membership
May 11, 2008
Labrador City, NL
sounds like you have a short between your tether (or just a faulty tether) and the ROV, thats the only way I can think the ROV would be shutting and opening like that, when the ROV is disconnected from the battery it is normaly open to allow your crank to breath like it should. also the ROV should be inspected, cleaned once a year.

Whats the Cleaning process and Ill have to check my wiring My hand warmers quit aswell. Could have a few gremlins....

M

MRFUSION

Aug 8, 2008
Peace River AB
Its the relay on your tether system, it will cause your symptoms and might cut out under full power flashing the dash, will also cause your code 81 for warmers to come up sometimes too. Take your relay to any automotive store and get a new one. We had 4 or 5 do this. Bad batch of relays me thinks. Shad

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
i had a bad relay on mine i chased the problem for several weeks, cutting wires bypassing the tether, replacing key switch, etc. the rollover valve kit comes with a cheap relay and sure enough that was the problem. problem started with no power coming on to the gauge when i turned the key on....no guage, nothing. replaced the cheap relay with a new bosch and all good.

Last edited:
Premium Features