• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Memes for today

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Go ahead and mock him if it makes you feel better, but he's is saying what most of us are feeling.
I'm not mocking. I'm saying that writing off so many people, without even understanding who most of them are, is arrogant, and is much of the reason why our political climate is as toxic as it is.

Do you know how many people, and who they are, are receiving SNAP benefits?

Do you know who is on Medicaid?

30+% of your neighbors in deep red states are democrats. Many of them nice, reasonable people who want many of the same things you do, they just think the way to get there is different.

Btw, wth is even a "social media queen"?
Someone who spends a ton of time on social media posting memes that mock people they don't like maybe?

(Btw, one again for anyone that cares about stuff they post being true, Keanu didn't actually say that.)

The irony of "go ahead and mock if it makes you feel better" is hilarious though.

F

freekweet mods

Feb 3, 2008
Is that his name? I know who he is-I was going for the statement more than face - who says what is not the driver for me to back a statement- the common sense, logic, truth,and reason is.

Idcatman3

Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
I just have to laugh at the many people that denigrate celebrity opinions, until it's one they happen to share, then they point and shout and say "see, see, x agrees with me!"
Is that his name? I know who he is-I was going for the statement more than face - who says what is not the driver for me to back a statement- the common sense, logic, truth,and reason is.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
Meme or,
21a96af31c638ec035051aa9029eab5d.gif

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Do you know how many people, and who they are, are receiving SNAP benefits?

Do you know who is on Medicaid?

The problem is the people that are capable of working, choosing to not work.
The problem is the system rewards people that refuse to contribute to society.
The problem is the left wants to increase these programs instead of helping people actually help themselves.

Idcatman3

Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
The problem is the people that are capable of working, choosing to not work.
The problem is the system rewards people that refuse to contribute to society.
The problem is the left wants to increase these programs instead of helping people actually help themselves.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesal...-stamps-to-get-jobs-the-majority-already-work

https://www.epi.org/publication/poor-people-work-a-majority-of-poor-people-who-can-work-do/

https://www.cbpp.org/research/pover...-requirements-dont-cut-poverty-evidence-shows

Now this one requires some thinking, but give it a shot:

https://www.learnliberty.org/blog/is-taxation-theft/

Do just a little bit of research on who benefits from welfare programs. The answers might surprise you. They are your neighbors and your friends.

F

freekweet mods

Feb 3, 2008
Government dole always goes up or down on the economic ladder ,rarely if ever have I seen subsidies or earmarks go lateral - as a small business owner I have been fortunate enough to avoid complete financial turmoil. This didn't come easy, alot of sacrifice and bla ,bla, bla, you know the story.What I see in business is if you are destitute, pet projects or earmarks will be placed in your lap,or if you are (well to do) enough to bond the earmarked government funded jobs, subsidies can be yours ,typically with greater payouts than fair market value. If you don't fit either one of these like so many of us do -well your just sorta screwed.

Idcatman3

Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Government dole always goes up or down on the economic ladder ,rarely if ever have I seen subsidies or earmarks go lateral - as a small business owner I have been fortunate enough to avoid complete financial turmoil. This didn't come easy, alot of sacrifice and bla ,bla, bla, you know the story.What I see in business is if you are destitute, pet projects or earmarks will be placed in your lap,or if you are (well to do) enough to bond the earmarked government funded jobs, subsidies can be yours ,typically with greater payouts than fair market value. If you don't fit either one of these like so many of us do -well your just sorta screwed.

I mean, arguably you're not as screwed as those in poverty, but I take your point.

The curse of doing well enough not to need help, and not well enough to take advantage of loopholes/connections/etc.

I guess I just feel lucky enough to be doing well enough not to need help, and able to pay my taxes and live my life with enough left to put some away for savings.

I wish everyone was doing well enough not to need help, and that there was less corruption at the top. I think most people can probably agree on that.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
I have a relative that's a little bit younger than me that was fired from his job because of alcohol. For years he has been on some kind of SS disability and lives with his girl friend who is just as much of a dandy as he is. They both are able find money to buy beer and cigarettes though. That and much of their rent is paid for by you and me. Just two more losers that think the government owes them a living.

Idcatman3

Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
I have a relative that's a little bit younger than me that was fired from his job because of alcohol. For years he has been on some kind of SS disability and lives with his girl friend who is just as much of a dandy as he is. They both are able find money to buy beer and cigarettes though. That and much of their rent is paid for by you and me. Just two more losers that think the government owes them a living.

Cases like this are infuriating, no doubt.

But they are definitely the minority. You just don't see the ones that don't abuse it.

I'd be curious of the specifics though. Everything I can find says it's a pretty intense process to actually get approved for SS disability.

Also, most benefits have time limits on them. For instance, SNAP recipients, if the are an able bodied adult with no dependents, can only receive benefits for 3 months in a 36 month period, and the average SNAP benefit per person is ~$125/month.

"Improper payments" of which fraud is an unknown percentage, are ~10% of all welfare payments. (This includes overpayment AND underpayment) The majority of these result from personnel errors, not fraud. The biggest hitters are the EITC, and Medicaid.
All studies point to actual fraud being less than 2% of all payments.

"Welfare Queens" just aren't that prevalent.

Most people on these programs are not abusing them, and are only on them for relatively short durations.

Sources are available if anyone cares.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I think we see the abuse because the people that abuse the system are proud about it and flaunt it. Those are the people selling their food stamps 50cents on the dollar, cause they have an excessive amount of food stamps.....
Driving that newer Cadillac to the welfare office.....

I know i have seen a lot of abuse, and it angers me cause these people chose not to work, can't blame them, make the same money if u work 40hrs or not at all.....

I grew up with a single mother that received food stamps various times throughout my childhood, i was embarrassed, didn't want people to know we had food stamps.....

We don't see the majority of the people on welfare, cause they don't flaunt it.

Premium Features