• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP Single pipe

gilestyle1

Lifetime Membership
Aug 24, 2013
heber, utah
Has anyone had a chance to run this? any noticeable difference? Also has anyone ran a slp with a different can? I currently have a diamond s can wasn't sure if it would cause any issues running it with an slp pipe.

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
I tried to order this pipe from SLP directly and they were on back order till end of Jan beginning of Feb. so I elected to wait and see what people think of it first.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Got first ride on the new pipe. Seems to work well, pull noticeably harder.

Word to anyone looking to put it on, lots of heat tape, reflective material, even header wrap. Things get hot.

Seems a decent upgrade, at least for what I spent.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Dynotech just dynoed a 2018 850 with 1,100 miles they added 2 degrees of timing with the the slp pipe came to 174.1hp 116.1 lbs of torque.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Stock was 166.4 hp and 110.9 ft lbs of torque. So what slp advertise is very accurate.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
I was glad to see DynoTech backing up advertised claims. Sales are driven by this and it helps to have a 2nd source. We have them on hand ready to go.

I
Dec 21, 2016
What has to change; clutching wise, vs the stock pipe (besides adding any weight) to account for any difference in power curve?

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
What has to change; clutching wise, vs the stock pipe (besides adding any weight) to account for any difference in power curve?

Depends on the year, you can view the slp clutch setup sheet on there website.

SLP

Premium Member
Hey guys, saw some questions on your thread that I thought we might be able to help answer. We have been running our pipe set for the Skidoo G4 850 for about a year now, and have found it to work extremely well in all conditions. The powerband is very wide with gains that are not just top-end (7.3 hp), but great midrange increases too.

sledhead_24_7's suggestion on heat tape is a good one and I would add to that: regardless of what you are using for an exhaust, I would highly recommend getting some additional venting. Stock venting is inadequate for the heat this sled creates underhood. We offer our Hot Air Elimination Vent kits work awesome for reducing heat.

You also lose 11 pounds of weight and it has a crisp sound to it. One note on the Dynotech runs - they used a mix of stock components with our exhaust components for their runs. Our Pipe is not designed or intended to be used that way for proper fit or performance. They would have seen even better dyno numbers if they had run it with our silencer (which they mention, but doesn't look like they had any numbers to share).

We only recommend using our exhaust as a complete system (y pipe, pipe ,and silencer together) and that's why we sell it that way. We have not tested running it with a different brand of silencer, so can't help you with if any other brands would work with our pipe. For those of you looking for a lighter and louder muffler, we may offer some other options next season.

We have clutching recommendations included with the pipe set for 0-10000 feet. Those recommendations include adjustable weights and spring for the 2017 models. For most of the 2018 models we use adjustable weights and stock ski-doo 2017 ramps (BRP#417224225). We will continue testing until we run out of snow, so keep posted for any additional clutching updates.

The pipes are currently in stock . If anybody has any questions regarding this or any other SLP product please feel free to contact us at 208-529-0244.

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
Had some Jaws stuff back in 2000 on a twin piped 700 rmk. They really weren't much help in setup. Was quite disappointed considering I had been an SLP guy before that. Maybe they have progressed since then though since that was 18 years ago.

Premium Features