• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 rmk cooked ECU NEED REPLACEMENT

P
Aug 14, 2011
Duluth, MN
My girlfriends ecu got cooked. It runs fine but display and headlights flicker and you can see where some circuits are burnt. I already replaced the voltage regulator but do not trust this ECU.

Anyone know where to buy a replacement ECU?

2009 dragon rmk 155" 800 Yellow injector code

Thanks.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
If you can't find the same injector color, your dealer can reflash one with a different color, it just has to be for the came engine size as yours is (800, 700, etc.), 2008-2010 should all work...

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Just need a cfi-4 evu.
My replacement on a 08 700 was from a 600.
From my understanding, this is no longer the case. The latest update to the digital wrench program is checking the internal number (VIN?) to prevent people accidentally putting the wrong flash on the wrong motor... confirmed this with Kurts Polaris in Missoula. I was going to buy a 700 ECU for my 800 (860 actually) and have it flashed, glad I checked, it would have been worthless to me.

ez-ryder

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Dawson Creek B.C.
Well if that is true. That is a disaster.
On mine we even gave the wrench a 800 vin number.
Because the chassis that my motor was from was at home.
The mechanic thought we might need my 700 vin.

Last edited:

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Part number 4011518
Used in 07-10 600,700,800
11-12 600 iq sleds

Well if that is true. That is a disaster.
On mine we even gave the wrench a 800 vin number.
Because the chassis that my motor was from was at home.
The mechanic thought we might need my 700 vin.

I think they're probably more worried about being able to sell over priced ECU's
It could be it is different for a "factory new replacement" ECU than for a used unit you pick up used such as on ebay. Kurts Polaris is one of the few dealers who can (or could in the past for sure) actually flash a modified map for Dragons so you don't have to run a fuel controller with an SLP pipe, so not your everyday dealer (I know Carls does custom flashes too because my sled is a Carls 860 and they flash the ECU for the extra fueling for the big-bore), and they told me the same thing re: used ECU needing to be from a sled with the same size engines. They can reflash for different injector colors was my understanding.

This info was from about a year ago if I recall correctly.

P
Aug 14, 2011
Duluth, MN
My part number is 4012542. I'd like to stay with yellow code, the local dealer is garbage for getting anything fixed. Last time I called them for work was a reflash and they wanted the sled for 2 weeks to sit in an alley way. Wouldn't let me schedule a time for them to work on it same day. The good dealer that was an hour away closed. Now it's a 2.5 hour drive to the next dealer.

RMKillR

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2009
Wisco
I’m working on a 09 dragon rmk 800, bad VR, melted ecu. Is there a way to identify what color injectors are in the sled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
I’m working on a 09 dragon rmk 800, bad VR, melted ecu. Is there a way to identify what color injectors are in the sled?

The tag on the ECU gives injector color, as long as the ECU hasn't been messed with. Also there is a colored band on the fuel injector harness if I recall correctly, that identifies the injector color (since the injectors are basically glued into the harness, unless the wires have been spliced in which case you have to look at the injectors themselves).

RMKillR

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2009
Wisco
Yea there is no label on the ecu stating the the map part number or injector color

Tapatalk
cd3152e4dd66d2daebd2ad0d13444a2a.jpg

Last edited:

RMKillR

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2009
Wisco
I see this, which is on the injector harness. Zip tie to the upper fuel rail. That the indicator?
d6f891440737c9d9e87e2299a314818b.jpg

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Yep, looks like yellow injectors in the pic, the yellow band around injector harness tells the tale. I would only visually check to make sure that the harness between the band and the injectors has no splices in it just in case, odds are even if it does the injectors are yellow, if they have been removed and flow tested or replaced they are still probably the same color...

RMKillR

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2009
Wisco
No splicing. Can the harness going into the injector pigtails. My buddy bought this sled from the original owner 4 or 5 seasons back. The owner did no updates, and only had 800 miles on it. We did the the fix kit and pc3 right away, ran a little weird, hesitations ect. Then blew up. He didn’t get to ride for two years, rebuilt it and last season starting running really bad, then wouldn’t stay running and I figured VR. So who knows if the vr and ecu was bad for awhile and I overlooked it. Hopefully lol

Last edited:

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Hope it works good for you. Once you get the bugs worked out the Dragons can be great. First thing I would do on a totally stock Dragon is check the VR part number and make sure it is one of the latest updates, so that even if they go out, they don't generally take out the ECU, or lean out the motor. Found the VR part numbers info here on snowest forums. Depending on where you ride you might want to pack a spare just in case, however I have not lost one of the newer ones in years so the spare is often in the truck. The spare can be an older part number which would get you out of the hills anyway.

RMKillR

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2009
Wisco
Yea I owned a 09 dragon for several years. No updates done on it. Did fix kit, pcv, new vr, turned the oil pumped up and it Never missed a beat.

L
Dec 7, 2007
SWEDEN
Just need a cfi-4 evu.
My replacement on a 08 700 was from a 600.

Part number 4011518
Used in 07-10 600,700,800
11-12 600 iq sleds
My friends ( 2008 ) RMK 600 CFI ( 4-injectors ) just totally burned the ECU :mad:

On the ECU there is 2 different Polaris part #'s

# 4011518
# 4012006

YELLOW coded injectors.

What ECU can replace the one that burn out ?
Can the ECU from the 700 and 800 be used ?
Why does it have 2 different part numbers ?

Premium Features