• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Video: The Real Story Behind Yamaha and Arctic Cat

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Just hope they figure out this engine/rod issue. With more and more reports of rod failures with factory installed turbo's, this could certain put the breaks on for the growth of this partnership for sure. Especially since Yamaha has been the front runner with big reliable boost engines. Just wondering if they are now using this market as a test bed with the customer as the ginnie pig which will obviously hurt their reputations and probably already has.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
"Still competitors in the 2 stroke market" what does this mean? Makes a guy wonder about what's on the horizon,
Ya, that comment left me scratching my head as well.
I thought Yamaha was totally OUT of the 2 stroke market.
I wonder if they were referring to another product line?

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
I would like to know how many pure Yamaha sleds were sold last season? I'm not going to speculate could be a lot in east. But that chassis and motor came over on the mayflower.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Ya, that comment left me scratching my head as well.
I thought Yamaha was totally OUT of the 2 stroke market.
I wonder if they were referring to another product line?

yamaha builds 2 stroke dirt bikes out boards,
artic cat builds a 600cc 2 stroke sled motor.
hhhhmmmmmm.
with all the emission credits they have they could do anything they want.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
yamaha builds 2 stroke dirt bikes out boards,
artic cat builds a 600cc 2 stroke sled motor.
hhhhmmmmmm.
with all the emission credits they have they could do anything they want.

But is there a market segment where Yamaha and Cat compete in 2 Strokes?

A
Jan 28, 2010
Not sure how reliable the source but I did hear a two stroke is coming! I'll be on the viper in 17 and patiently waiting for 18. I've gone the ski don't route and it would have to be phenomenal for me to drop the coin on one. Plus the only first year sled I ever buy are yamaha

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Chris are your phizzers 2 or 4 stroke and if you snowcheck the doos would you be interested in selling them? Looking for some good kids sled to learn on
My Phazers are both 4 stroke.
Not planning on selling them.
I LOVE my Yamahas!
Though I HAVE heard rumors that there might be a new Cat Chasis coming out for the Phazzers.... Wouldn't that be cool, and possibly an updated engine for them as well.

For me, those are just about the PERFECT sled for a "Never-Ever" to go out on a ride with. The sleds are darn near Bullet-Proof.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
"arctic cat fit and finish, quality" is the best in the industry the guy said

I don't think so BOB...your in 3rd and 4 with a close tie with Polaris....have these guys not looked at a skidoo lately?

when Yamaha lost the chassis the quality went way down IMO!
I do think you can honestly say that CAT quality in general is improving as a result of the Yami partnership though.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
after watching it again it looks like its a mix of all there new models iam pretty sure that looks like a snow bike in there.

Premium Features