For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Ski-Doo: REV Gen 4 For the 2017 and newer REV Gen 4 Sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2017, 04:48 PM
Currently: Not set.
Thanked 13,328 Times in 6,352 Posts
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Default Got my new sled! 2018 Freeride 165 SHOT.

While I had SnowChecked a Manta Green Summit X, after a long conversation with some of the guys at BRP corporate I decided to try out the Freeride this year instead.

So I will be riding my 2017 SP and the 2018 Freeride side by side this winter.

Should make for a fun season!!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to christopher For This Useful Post:
ATVPT (11-15-2017), FREERIDE_MT (11-14-2017), Marty UT (11-14-2017), mountainhorse (11-14-2017), TrashCat (11-19-2017)
Old 11-14-2017, 04:50 PM
Chadly has disabled reputation

MPI kit for the Freeride?

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 11-14-2017, 04:58 PM
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadly View Post
MPI kit for the Freeride?
I SWORE to myself I would NOT install another turbo DURING the riding season.

So I am not going to put anything on it till SPRING at the soonest!
Preferably I would like to get back to doing all my mods in the SUMMER!

The Following User Says Thank You to christopher For This Useful Post:
TrashCat (11-19-2017)
Old 11-14-2017, 05:11 PM
Currently: Liv'n the Dream everyday
Calvin42 has a reputation beyond reputeCalvin42 has a reputation beyond reputeCalvin42 has a reputation beyond reputeCalvin42 has a reputation beyond reputeCalvin42 has a reputation beyond reputeCalvin42 has a reputation beyond reputeCalvin42 has a reputation beyond reputeCalvin42 has a reputation beyond reputeCalvin42 has a reputation beyond reputeCalvin42 has a reputation beyond reputeCalvin42 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats! Great choice!

Old 11-14-2017, 05:24 PM
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin42 View Post
Congrats! Great choice!
Since the two sleds are for the most part identical, with the suspension really being the only major difference, it will be fun to ride the Summit and the Freeride Side-By-Side and see just what a difference a better tuned suspension really delivers.

Old 11-14-2017, 05:40 PM
Currently: Building out a trailer.....
Thanked 3,330 Times in 1,878 Posts
NorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
Since the two sleds are for the most part identical, with the suspension really being the only major difference, it will be fun to ride the Summit and the Freeride Side-By-Side and see just what a difference a better tuned suspension really delivers.
Did Doo change the Freeride Concept for 2018 when they switched it over to the REV 4 Chassis? In the past it was always built from the RS version of the chassis which is the reason they were more bomb proof is they were basically the Race Sled frame with all the Summit parts around it and extra bracing. They also had the wider front end to them but I know in the 2018 version you could get the 38" narrow front end.

In the past there was usually much more different then just the shocks. I thought that was the case with the new one also.

Old 11-14-2017, 06:26 PM
Currently: Liv'n the Dream everyday
Calvin42 has a reputation beyond reputeCalvin42 has a reputation beyond reputeCalvin42 has a reputation beyond reputeCalvin42 has a reputation beyond reputeCalvin42 has a reputation beyond reputeCalvin42 has a reputation beyond reputeCalvin42 has a reputation beyond reputeCalvin42 has a reputation beyond reputeCalvin42 has a reputation beyond reputeCalvin42 has a reputation beyond reputeCalvin42 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, kinda wish the X came with better shocks, but I guess that's something I could always add. Do love the color of the Freeride!

The Following User Says Thank You to Calvin42 For This Useful Post:
christopher (11-14-2017)
Old 11-14-2017, 07:09 PM
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin42 View Post
Yeah, kinda wish the X came with better shocks, but I guess that's something I could always add. Do love the color of the Freeride!
Ya
I had THAT conversation with Corporate.
The Summit X with the Freeride Suspension would be KILLER OEM from BRP.
But they seemed concerned that it would drive the price up into the stratosphere and all of us Mod nuts love to do the customization to our sleds anyway.

Old 11-14-2017, 07:11 PM
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthMNSledder View Post
Did Doo change the Freeride Concept for 2018 when they switched it over to the REV 4 Chassis? In the past it was always built from the RS version of the chassis which is the reason they were more bomb proof is they were basically the Race Sled frame with all the Summit parts around it and extra bracing. They also had the wider front end to them but I know in the 2018 version you could get the 38" narrow front end.

In the past there was usually much more different then just the shocks. I thought that was the case with the new one also.
Honestly do NOT know for a fact if the FreeRide has any additional structural bracing in it or not. They said it was built on the same structure as the Summit, and that the only real difference was the suspension/shocking. I will ask if in fact they are IDENTICAL or not tomorrow.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:41 PM
Sickle has a reputation beyond reputeSickle has a reputation beyond reputeSickle has a reputation beyond reputeSickle has a reputation beyond reputeSickle has a reputation beyond reputeSickle has a reputation beyond reputeSickle has a reputation beyond reputeSickle has a reputation beyond reputeSickle has a reputation beyond reputeSickle has a reputation beyond reputeSickle has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a weight difference between the two models? I think I read ~30#(50#?) difference between the two due to a beefier setup. Maybe that was the older models. . . dunno.

At any rate, SHOT is freakin' awesome. I'm real pleased with it and have had zero issues. The only time my summit won't start is when I forgot I fell off and my tether pulled the DESS. Doh....

The Following User Says Thank You to Sickle For This Useful Post:
christopher (11-14-2017)
Old 11-14-2017, 09:12 PM
caper11 has a reputation beyond reputecaper11 has a reputation beyond reputecaper11 has a reputation beyond reputecaper11 has a reputation beyond reputecaper11 has a reputation beyond reputecaper11 has a reputation beyond reputecaper11 has a reputation beyond reputecaper11 has a reputation beyond reputecaper11 has a reputation beyond reputecaper11 has a reputation beyond reputecaper11 has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 11-14-2017, 09:25 PM
Summit74 has a reputation beyond reputeSummit74 has a reputation beyond reputeSummit74 has a reputation beyond reputeSummit74 has a reputation beyond reputeSummit74 has a reputation beyond reputeSummit74 has a reputation beyond reputeSummit74 has a reputation beyond reputeSummit74 has a reputation beyond reputeSummit74 has a reputation beyond reputeSummit74 has a reputation beyond reputeSummit74 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Summit74 For This Useful Post:
cacsrx1 (11-15-2017), Evanbcx (11-20-2017), TrashCat (11-19-2017)
Old 11-14-2017, 09:37 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 11-14-2017, 10:54 PM
Clutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Clutched Films For This Useful Post:
TrashCat (11-19-2017)
Old 11-15-2017, 12:58 AM
Basic Member
FearMyWrX is an unknown quantity at this point
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 11-15-2017, 07:40 AM
Basic Member
duncan76 has a reputation beyond reputeduncan76 has a reputation beyond reputeduncan76 has a reputation beyond reputeduncan76 has a reputation beyond reputeduncan76 has a reputation beyond reputeduncan76 has a reputation beyond reputeduncan76 has a reputation beyond reputeduncan76 has a reputation beyond reputeduncan76 has a reputation beyond reputeduncan76 has a reputation beyond reputeduncan76 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to duncan76 For This Useful Post:
NorthMNSledder (11-15-2017)
Old 11-15-2017, 08:36 AM
Chadly has disabled reputation

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Chadly For This Useful Post:
Evanbcx (11-20-2017)
Old 11-15-2017, 08:58 AM
Currently: premium member
ATVPT has a reputation beyond reputeATVPT has a reputation beyond reputeATVPT has a reputation beyond reputeATVPT has a reputation beyond reputeATVPT has a reputation beyond reputeATVPT has a reputation beyond reputeATVPT has a reputation beyond reputeATVPT has a reputation beyond reputeATVPT has a reputation beyond reputeATVPT has a reputation beyond reputeATVPT has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 11-15-2017, 09:13 AM
Currently: Preparing for the SNOWIES
GSPLewie has a reputation beyond reputeGSPLewie has a reputation beyond reputeGSPLewie has a reputation beyond reputeGSPLewie has a reputation beyond reputeGSPLewie has a reputation beyond reputeGSPLewie has a reputation beyond reputeGSPLewie has a reputation beyond reputeGSPLewie has a reputation beyond reputeGSPLewie has a reputation beyond reputeGSPLewie has a reputation beyond reputeGSPLewie has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to GSPLewie For This Useful Post:
christopher (11-15-2017)
Old 11-15-2017, 09:18 AM
Currently: Excited to Pick up my 880 174 from SHR!
Nytroty has a reputation beyond reputeNytroty has a reputation beyond reputeNytroty has a reputation beyond reputeNytroty has a reputation beyond reputeNytroty has a reputation beyond reputeNytroty has a reputation beyond reputeNytroty has a reputation beyond reputeNytroty has a reputation beyond reputeNytroty has a reputation beyond reputeNytroty has a reputation beyond reputeNytroty has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Nytroty For This Useful Post:
christopher (11-15-2017)
Old 11-15-2017, 09:30 AM
Basic Member
FREERIDE_MT has a reputation beyond reputeFREERIDE_MT has a reputation beyond reputeFREERIDE_MT has a reputation beyond reputeFREERIDE_MT has a reputation beyond reputeFREERIDE_MT has a reputation beyond reputeFREERIDE_MT has a reputation beyond reputeFREERIDE_MT has a reputation beyond reputeFREERIDE_MT has a reputation beyond reputeFREERIDE_MT has a reputation beyond reputeFREERIDE_MT has a reputation beyond reputeFREERIDE_MT has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 11-15-2017, 09:42 AM
Currently: Waiting for parts! :D
Basic Member
Motorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond reputeMotorbreath_ has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 11-15-2017, 09:56 AM
caper11 has a reputation beyond reputecaper11 has a reputation beyond reputecaper11 has a reputation beyond reputecaper11 has a reputation beyond reputecaper11 has a reputation beyond reputecaper11 has a reputation beyond reputecaper11 has a reputation beyond reputecaper11 has a reputation beyond reputecaper11 has a reputation beyond reputecaper11 has a reputation beyond reputecaper11 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to caper11 For This Useful Post:
Rosslbz (11-15-2017)
Old 11-15-2017, 11:11 AM
Garage

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christopher For This Useful Post:
Nytroty (11-15-2017), Sledhed2012 (11-16-2017)
Old 11-15-2017, 11:39 AM
Currently: Building out a trailer.....
Thanked 3,330 Times in 1,878 Posts
NorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NorthMNSledder For This Useful Post:
christopher (11-15-2017), TrashCat (11-19-2017)