• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IFS vs. CRC

D
Jan 4, 2008
MN
There are basicly the same since they're a trailing arm suspension. Those are abbreviations for independent front suspension and controlled roll center. The difference would be the steering system. Before crc the steering had long steering shafts mounted to a bell crank. The crc steering system has a rack style system with short steering shafts. There maybe other differences such as unequel radius rods and so on.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
The unequal raidus rods was the change for the CRC. There are actually CRCs without the rack style steering. But by shortening the top radius rod and mounting it outboard you could have longer travel without the bumpsteer that equal length rods give you.

sled_guy

D
Jan 4, 2008
MN
You right sled guy. Thinking about it that it would make more cense crc would be a change in suspension geometry (I should have known better since I changed suspension geometry on my own car). I was a cat guy in the 90's (didn't much care about poo's) when I first took a gander at my buddies new 440 poo that had crc and only thing that stood out was the rack steering. Its all so much clearer to me now.:)

Premium Features