• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

High idle after riding

N
Oct 15, 2018
I have silbers turbo on my 18. Idles at 22 to 24, when riding 27 to 28. Took the turbo off idle went down. Put the turbo back on idle went up. It's a silber issue for sure. No doubts in my mind anymore.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mine did the exact same thing. Rode last year stock, normal idle. Started it up this fall before I put the turbo on and still normal. Installed Silber turbo, high idle just like you said above. 2018 Mountain Cat.

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
Mine did the exact same thing. Rode last year stock, normal idle. Started it up this fall before I put the turbo on and still normal. Installed Silber turbo, high idle just like you said above. 2018 Mountain Cat.
Still doing it?

N
Oct 15, 2018
Still doing it?

Yes. I have only had the sled on the snow once with the turbo on a pretty short day with low snow so my ride time has been very limited and I haven't started messing with anything yet.

Have you talked to your dealer or Silber about this issue?

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yes. I have only had the sled on the snow once with the turbo on a pretty short day with low snow so my ride time has been very limited and I haven't started messing with anything yet.

Have you talked to your dealer or Silber about this issue?
I've talked to so many people. Nobody has any idea. Justin says they are working on it. Dealer doesn't know. Hes a cat dealer and a silber dealer. Honestly the dealer has really been trying but nothing. Says the 19s dont idle high. Doesn't have an 18

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
My Alpha with a Silber idles fine. I had it on the snow for the first time the 1st and 2nd and besides the bog in the low RPMs I didn't have any issues. The reverse functioned, no high idle, just bad clutching. I got the new map yesterday but didn't have a chance to run it, and I will be installing some new weights.

fharrison

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2009
That is what I think it is. My idle will just never go down from 2200. It could just be dumping fuel and never allowing the idle to go down.

Just to update what happened with my high idle. Arctic cat scratched the reprogramming last second before releasing it apparently. Sent my ecu back unchanged. Still had the high idle problem. Well, today I was thinking about what could cause this and thought it could be the pipe temp sensor. I switched mine with another 8000 and it runs perfect. I had a bad pipe sensor all along. Ecu had no codes.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Took the 2 degree timing key out and fixed the problem on mine. Sled now has 800 miles.

I was going to post this. I advanced the timing on my Doodoos and one has a strange high hanging idle when stopping. Not bothersome, but I noticed it.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
When looking online, i could find the AC Delco part # for a much better price than the GM#.
Even though they are both printed on the bag?????
04c7c269974c8cba1cfdfeafdd673d71.jpg

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
When looking online, i could find the AC Delco part # for a much better price than the GM#.
Even though they are both printed on the bag?????
04c7c269974c8cba1cfdfeafdd673d71.jpg

I went to gm and bought one. It's a little different than the stock one where it goes into the pipe. Have you guys run thus sensor and it works? Just making sure before I install it. Also makes me wonder if the turbo guys are having a bog issue because of the sensor

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I put mine in a couple yrs ago.
Direct fit.
I don't think there is any difference in the way my sled runs.
Probably only put 500miles on it since install.

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
I can look when i get home.
See if the plugin is the same.

The sensor I got has the same plug as my 18, i took it with me to make sure. The tube that goes into the pipe is a little longer is the only difference I see I will run it and see if my high adle goes away. It seems to be getting worse lately

fharrison

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2009
Rode my sled today. Same high idle as before it seems to drop down after a few seconds not really a big deal I guess

That is what it is supposed to do. Needs to burn off the excess fuel in the pipe. Mine would never idle down or would rarely do it. Pipe sensor fixed mine. The sensor itself should be white/light brown like a spark plug. When I checked mine, it was completely covered in gas and oil.

Premium Features