• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What is coming from my G4 850 exhaust?

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Because it’s a special kind of toxic. I’ve never seen people’s eyes roll back in their head or them stumble away from the toxic cloud of nasty lung burning invisible death that comes from my 850 when we are doing a pin and wiggle to get unstuck. I’ve forgot to mention this on the forum for a long time but the 850 Doo exhaust is somehow WAY more nasty than even an 800 ETEC. ALL the 850s in our group blow the same invisible toxic death gas. What gives lol?

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Right! The Doo exhaust is heavier than air too. So if you get in a tree well or creek/ravine it just neutrons a bigger area.

grich8888

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
After doing many ski pulls on our group of doo's and coughing so hard especially on the exhaust side, it is quite toxic and caustic to your lungs.

For what its worth we as a group tried out a couple different oils to try to avoid for this issue only. in our opinion all the oils that the manufacturers use are good. We ended up with Klotts which smells nice and now doesn't get us into a coughing fit with the ski-pull extractions. Polaris was second but doesn't smell nearly as well.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
So what changed? The 800 ETECs aren’t puffing perfume but this is something extra nasty. It’s worse at full throttle so I doubt its super lean.

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
The -11 and -13 E-tec 800s I had smelled bad, and my new -19 Lynx 850 is as bad or worse.

I'd say its the oil, both make and amount. The XPS smells BAD, and all 800+cc E-tecs use A LOT OF IT!

I ran the XPS oil in the RMK I had last year and it smelled bad too!

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
The -11 and -13 E-tec 800s I had smelled bad, and my new -19 Lynx 850 is as bad or worse.

I'd say its the oil, both make and amount. The XPS smells BAD, and all 800+cc E-tecs use A LOT OF IT!

I ran the XPS oil in the RMK I had last year and it smelled bad too!

My 800 ETECs never smelled toxic like my 850. I think you are onto something here about oil consumption tho. My 850 drinks oil, LOTS more than an 800. And mine never smokes once it’s warmed up so maybe it’s just burning lots of oil at a really high temp?

Premium Features