• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Throttle bodies

mtnclimber19

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2008
Sheridan, wy
Does anyone know how the throttle shafts that run the throttle plates seal? I'm having issues with a milky, oily mess on my 2013 pro with a Mtntk turbo. I've put all new oil lines on, resealed the charge box to the throttle bodies, checked the intake boot (which was put on new last year) for tears or holes. It is still spraying some gunk onto the bulkhead, which then runs down and pools under the motor and then off course drips out slowly which really upsets my buddy when it leaves a mess on his new trailers floor. The only thing I can think of that could possibly be leaking is the throttle plate shaft. Any help is appreciated!

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Does anyone know how the throttle shafts that run the throttle plates seal? I'm having issues with a milky, oily mess on my 2013 pro with a Mtntk turbo. I've put all new oil lines on, resealed the charge box to the throttle bodies, checked the intake boot (which was put on new last year) for tears or holes. It is still spraying some gunk onto the bulkhead, which then runs down and pools under the motor and then off course drips out slowly which really upsets my buddy when it leaves a mess on his new trailers floor. The only thing I can think of that could possibly be leaking is the throttle plate shaft. Any help is appreciated!

Have you checked your Exhaust valves hose/vent? Mine ALWAYS pukes oil out of that and leaves a puddle on my garage floor after every ride, My spare pro also does that too.....

Next to that, I'm not 100% sure but I think the throttle bodies have bushings for the shaft then they capped the ends with a frost plug? Can't remember right now.

mtnclimber19

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2008
Sheridan, wy
My exhaust valve drain is plumbed so it drains outside the sled. This is definitely leaking out somewhere around the throttle bodies because it hits the bulkhead behind the motor and then you can see where it runs down and then pools under the motor. I've checked the charge box for cracks and it's all good. Today I pulled everything off and used ultra black to seal the reeds against the motor, the intake boot against the reeds, and even the throttle bodies to the intake boot. I then resealed the charge box to the throttle bodies again being extra liberal with the silicone. I'll try riding it and see if it made a difference I guess. If it doesn't, then I guess I'll try to find a set of throttle bodies off a wrecked sled to try.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
My exhaust valve drain is plumbed so it drains outside the sled. This is definitely leaking out somewhere around the throttle bodies because it hits the bulkhead behind the motor and then you can see where it runs down and then pools under the motor. I've checked the charge box for cracks and it's all good. Today I pulled everything off and used ultra black to seal the reeds against the motor, the intake boot against the reeds, and even the throttle bodies to the intake boot. I then resealed the charge box to the throttle bodies again being extra liberal with the silicone. I'll try riding it and see if it made a difference I guess. If it doesn't, then I guess I'll try to find a set of throttle bodies off a wrecked sled to try.

Hopefully that does it! While it's apart. Give. The throttle bodies a clean off so if it's blowing oil out through them somehow that you can more easily detect that.

Premium Features