• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Do I need any upgrades?

E
Nov 26, 2007
oregon
I'm new to the Turbo world so excuse my ignorance. Sleds built, but unridden. I've read some of the current posts related to suspension setups and don't know what the Kmod is. My setup is as follows.

08 M8 Race Gas BD Turbo.
Exit shocks all the way around
ARS FX front end
Way too much other stuff to list that doesn't matter to the moment.

In reading current posts, It looks like I'll be happy with the Exit shocks, but is the Kmod something that I need to consider, and if so, why? Any other questions that I'm not knowledgeable enough to consider asking, that I should be?

A

AKkatz

Jan 9, 2008
ANCH. AK
I'm new to the Turbo world so excuse my ignorance. Sleds built, but unridden. I've read some of the current posts related to suspension setups and don't know what the Kmod is. My setup is as follows.

08 M8 Race Gas BD Turbo.
Exit shocks all the way around
ARS FX front end
Way too much other stuff to list that doesn't matter to the moment.

In reading current posts, It looks like I'll be happy with the Exit shocks, but is the Kmod something that I need to consider, and if so, why? Any other questions that I'm not knowledgeable enough to consider asking, that I should be?
http://www.kmodsnowmobileparts.com/
Here's Kevin's website, he's an outstanding guy really know his suspensions and also very knowledgeable of turbos. My buddy (tookes) is running the gen 1 on his Nytro and is upgrading to the gen 2. What impresses me the most about the K-mod gen 2 is that he's using a float 2 and Evol. for the shocks which have been built to his spec.s. I can't speak to the potential weaknesses of the cat/Exit skid because I've never used it, I have run the timbersled and it's great but I have a couple criticisms, which I won't get into out of respect but they are thing which I've discussed with Kevin and seems that he has addressed. If money is irrelvant get a K-mod (not that it's not a good price..it is), but realistically run the Cat/Exit and if you find weaknesses in it then decide, and call Kevin and discuss it with him, he rides a T1k so he'll have an real world based opinion. Good Luck...oh yead sounds like a nice sled! Does your Zbroz sag alot in the front? Mine does it bugs me...

E
Nov 26, 2007
oregon
AK,

Thanks for the input! I was starting to wonder if I hadn't asked a valid question.

The Zbroz does sag in the front. Even though I haven't had a chance to put any miles on it yet, I keep looking at it, and wondering if I'll notice it when riding.

Premium Features