• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Smoking vent tube down from power valve celonoid

I have an 09 dragon and the vent tube from the power valves goes to a celonoid then a open ended hose going to the belly pan . This hose blows a steady thick stream of smoke when the sled is running, any one know anything about this in an 09 dragon 800 ?

T
Oct 8, 2009
From what I understand that is a good thing. If it was not blowing exhaust out of it then your power valve purge hole would most likely be plugged and you would have the bogging issue so common in these sleds. There is an older thread that tells you to drill a 1/2" size hole in the shock tower and to run the hose coming from the solenoid through that hole so that you can see that it has a steady stream of exhaust coming out. I believe that thread is " power valve control solenoid ". I have been doing a ton of research lately on it because I happen to have that bog issue. So I would say you are good to go. Maybe some one more knowledgeable will chime in.

Premium Features