• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

GoPro Mounts

OEUnlimited

Premium Member
Nov 2, 2012
Hudson Valley, NY
www.oeunlimited.com
I just picked a GoPro 3 Black. What mounts should I look into? I was considering the Chest and the handlebar. Any advice?

Comes with the sticky mounts for your helmet as well. Those with the chest and handlebar - which can also be attached to a ski pole, shove shaft, etc. are the most popular.

For long days in the cold, a good investment may also be extra batteries and/or a battery bacpac (snap on extended battery).

D

DieselTwitch

Dec 23, 2007
Gunnison, Colorado
Comes with the sticky mounts for your helmet as well. Those with the chest and handlebar - which can also be attached to a ski pole, shove shaft, etc. are the most popular.

For long days in the cold, a good investment may also be extra batteries and/or a battery bacpac (snap on extended battery).

Lots of extra batteries and replace every hour. Also 1080p-30FPS is the least power consuming setting you can use.

I run a chest mount along with a telescoping pole in my back pack.

D
Nov 16, 2011
Ive been using a rear facing front bumper mount w/ extension pole from Rodger @ http://www.vuvantage.com

Youtube clips

Some tips....
Dual U-bolt mount is good
Use the HD Metal lever lock clamp at at the bumper side
Composite at the camera side.
Farther out you try to lean it, the easier it will tip down, works best in pow, not so much on hard pack.
You'll have to test out vibration dampening in anything other than pow, Im gonna try wrapping my front bumper with a roll of grip tape.
Also looking at doing a support arm of sorts.

Last edited:
360 degrees

like the front bumper view does anyone have a forward facing
front bumper mount?

Front bumper is same as rear and has 360 degrees of rotation. I wrap rubber stretch tape around bumper then use 2 hose clamps on one strand of heavy electric wire, then bend straight up. You can tilt forward for entire sled shot or toward you for rider close up or rotate camera for filming in front of sled. Cost about 5 bucks for 3 mounts.

2Huskies

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
Make sure you use a tether, I have had two friends already loose theirs this season while riding. They were both running them on the tail, on poles. Just take any type of high weight line and make a safety line.

Premium Features