• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Well after seeing the New Skidoo T3 and new Polaris- A?C you are sucking hind TIT.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
Wake up A/C the competition is kicking your AZZ. Skidoo a factory 174x3" that only weighs 464 LBS.. WOW Polaris is letting you Totally customize your sled, plus giving a $1K golden ticket for 2016. plus a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty. WOW. CAT is a bunch of Turd Polisher's no matter how much you polish it , it's still a TURD.. I bleed Green but I am very disappointed. Cat needs to shave off another 12-15 lbs and have Suzuki design a new direct injected 900-925 cc motor, with a factory 174x3". then maybe they will have caught up to the competition

Last edited:
P
Nov 28, 2007
Glenville, Minnesota
Wake up A/C the competition is kicking your AZZ. Skidoo a factory 174x3" that only weighs 464 LBS.. WOW Polaris is letting you Totally customize your sled, plus giving a $1K golden ticket for 2016. plus a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty. WOW. CAT is a bunch of Turd Polisher's no matter how much you polish it , it's still a TURD.. I bleed Green but I am very disappointed. Cat needs to shave off another 12-15 lbs and have Suzuki design a new direct injected 900-925 cc motor, with a factory 174x3". then maybe they will have caught up to the competition

Why does it need to be direct injection?

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
While it's cool Polaris did the customize thing, they are still behind since they still have a dog of a motor in it. 2016 there is hope. Cat updated a couple parts on the '15's with the stronger jackshaft and anti stab wheels. They are also doing a trade in program on the 2.6 PC in Aug and you can upgrade to a 3" Powerclaw. Have to pay for 7T drivers though. Even though I have no issues going just about anywhere on the 2.6 powerclaw. Even though what Doo did was cool this year, I'd like to see it in a 154 3" T3 package. A 16" wide 163 or 174 3" is pretty much overkill in CO/WY unless all you want to do is climb and hopefully ride 2' of pow every day. Jumping long tracks isn't too fun.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
3 things

1.yes I have ridden a 1100T, and a 2012 800 proclimb.
2. I ran a 3"x162 last year and it was awesome
3. IMO the Direct Injection motors are more effecient, and consistent. and are the next best thing to
crotchless panties.

I'm currently on an 09 Twisted Extreme M8 with a full Kmod skid with Raptors-174x2.5CE running 10 PSI on Avgas.
I've also rode a Boonie Tial Turbo 13 pro with a 16x3"

Last edited:

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
High Time -thanks for the negative post rating

Since when is giving your opinion subjectively a bad thing- ever heard of the Freedom of Speech.

L
Dec 13, 2008

Cat went broke back back in the early 1980 they deserve to go broke again after the boners they've pulled the last few years.

rmk8000

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2013
saskatchewan canada
I think the new arctic cats are pretty good but cat and poo might be regretting not doing anything big for 2015. Its hard to compete for attention when your competition comes out with a 174x3 !!! Ski doo will likely pick up even more market share.

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--not sure who would want a 173 x 3 track around here in CO, except someone who does not enjoy any challenge to riding--Revelstoke probably yes, but most other places, why?

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--direct fuel injection is a joke to try and upgrade or modify, just look at the past skidoo turbo and mod issues with fueling9mauybe it has do to with programming itself), plus they retain way more heat and bearing lube is marginal---its another epa setup. The current Suzuki motor and the new Cat motor are better choices for power and reliability...

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Not a very big group of people who would want that track. Straight up hill climbers is about it. Most of use like playing on the sidehills and in the trees. It's nice to have a little challenge left in the sport.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
1.yes I have ridden a 1100T, and a 2012 800 proclimb.
2. I ran a 3"x162 last year and it was awesome
3. IMO the Direct Injection motors are more effecient, and consistent. and are the next best thing to
crotchless panties.

I'm currently on an 09 Twisted Extreme M8 with a full Kmod skid with Raptors-174x2.5CE running 10 PSI on Avgas.
I've also rode a Boonie Tial Turbo 13 pro with a 16x3"

A 2012 pro climb and a 2014 pro climb are different sleds if you ride them........

why does Cat need a new engine........they still have the best 800 hands down winner, I dont care how it gets its fuel it fraking runs

the 2.6 power claw is also the best stock track, and I dont want any longer than 153 3 inch

Last edited:

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
We can all debate what brand is better at this or better at that...and we do. I don't think Cat had major issues on the 800's, at least we didn't see them. Personal preferences sure, but what good is having a bunch of great features or options if you can't consistantly keep a motor in it. I had a customer come in today looking to move into a Cat because he is waiting for word on his third motor in his Poo. He didn't care about how light it is or how it handled, he just wanted to ride something that worked everytime he goes out.

There's a small group of the market that just has to ride the most technical stuff or it's no challenge. An even smaller chunk of the market needs a 174 3" for doing what they like to do, either way that's great, to each their own. But the majority of the market doesn't care about either of those to influence their buying and I think Cat does very well with those people. Not the best at any one thing (except motor) but does them all very well.

My 2 cents as a dealer about the 2015 Cats.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
When I saw Doo having 3" tracks I thought they would have it in every track length... Yes its awesome they sell a 174 right from the factory, but that isnt raising up the bar, 95% of people wont be buying that length. Im not bashing anyone who wants a 174, its just its not a high demand item. A 156 x3 from the factory and I would be impressed.

Anyone have more info on this 3" powerclaw someone mentioned...?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
so... aside from the machine they built for the bored & talentless...

What did Doo do again??? Since that ONE sled is pretty specific to the user, most of the real riders are on something else... but what did Doo do for the rest of us??? Yeah... not much.

Cat has a 153 & 162 3" option, Poo has the ability to build what you want... imo both affect more riders & will draw more real customers than the one machine for the fat & lazy.

To me, the ability to customize your spring check is HUGE... that is the biggest change I see this year from anyone, being able to buy what you want without some gaper from MN telling you which shocks or whatever you should have on your machine.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Options, options, options......great, where's the different motor box everyone wants to check lol.

And BCIL, seriously dude, I think there is a Tuesday nite class that can help you accept the fact that not everyone is fat and lazy that have 174's. Sure some have them to make riding easier, but some have it for what they like to ride. Lots of skinny dudes on 174s up here. Different terrain, different snow conditions.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Options, options, options......great, where's the different motor box everyone wants to check lol.

And BCIL, seriously dude, I think there is a Tuesday nite class that can help you accept the fact that not everyone is fat and lazy that have 174's. Sure some have them to make riding easier, but some have it for what they like to ride. Lots of skinny dudes on 174s up here. Different terrain, different snow conditions.

I think you need to hit the WED night class that teaches how boring it is not giving the long track sallies some he!! here & there...:p The signup sheet is over at sarcasm.com, check it out! :D

And yeah... there's that ONE option that would make the pro a viable choice for me, and still not there.

Btw, making fun of the lazy & talentless is about like making fun of the guys who bought a sled without a real motor... it's fun to talk smack, but in reality, we all just go out & have fun riding sleds.

Premium Features