• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Homemade Headlight Delete

R

ReaperMotorsports

Mar 19, 2009
Mantorville, Minnesota
Heres what i came up with for deleting the headlight and losing some weight. Removed plastic under the headlight and replaced it with aluminum sheetmetal. Then made a bracket to mount the windshield and tach then added a vent to it. After all the fab work is done the vents made for the nose and headlight delete will be powder coated. Let me know what you think!

P9190535.jpg P9190536.jpg P9190537.jpg P9190538.jpg P9190539.jpg

R

ReaperMotorsports

Mar 19, 2009
Mantorville, Minnesota
I like anything custom that is done right. That is a nice looking guage mount piece. Any car audio fabrication in your background lol? Looks like you could use the Evo cold air intake hose to finish that off.

You read my mind. The evo cold air intake will finish it out nicely with 2 bd filters out the factory holes. And no audio fab going on but theres alot of car fabrication going on

S
Dec 2, 2009
Central Alberta
We're you able to measure the amount of weight you shaved? All the weights I've seen with headlight deletes are off of 800 proclimbs. I've thought maybe there was 5 lbs to shave but some companies are boasting much bigger weight losses. Nice work by the way.

R

ReaperMotorsports

Mar 19, 2009
Mantorville, Minnesota
We're you able to measure the amount of weight you shaved? All the weights I've seen with headlight deletes are off of 800 proclimbs. I've thought maybe there was 5 lbs to shave but some companies are boasting much bigger weight losses. Nice work by the way.

It feels alot lighter then it did but i have not weighed a stock one and this one to compare weights of the two

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Looks good

Nice Mod.. weather you loose the headlights or not.

2012sdxp2drop.jpg

610personvsstock.jpg

R

ReaperMotorsports

Mar 19, 2009
Mantorville, Minnesota
How much and where do you get?

Do you have any pictures of this completed and mounted backon sled?

thanks

Should be seeing the LED Light coming in this week, prefilter material for the vent showed up Friday. So its just a matter of finishing mounting things up and sending out for powder coat. I have 7 more kits going to be available for sale consisting of the aluminum plate, bracket, and vent w/ prefilter. More pics to come once its all together..
I got the Light from rigid industries for 279 is a driving light but the pics posted above look awsome! So if your looking for a light Cyclops looks like great one too

Last edited:
Premium Features