• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Set screw in fixed weights??

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
How the --ck do you get those set screws out ? and once your allen head is fubared how do you get the weight out? The dealer here said to hit the bolt with a air gun and it would just break the weight then you could get it out WRONG NOW WHAT? thanks

S

sledheadjake

Aug 31, 2009
Bonners Ferry ID
You need to heat the set scrlew up a lot to get them out I use a heat gun,to get out the messed up one maybe s small easy out or a reverse drill bitp

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
I use a propane torch ! its never on my stuff but crazy tight and or red loctite makes for one twisted up allen wrench :face-icon-small-ton

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Set screw

If you have stripped it and cannot get it out the that is when you get the air gun out and you spin the bolt until you can push bolt from other side out. Ruining Bolt and screw but works.

Heat is the key but some helpful info when you apply high heat Blow torch remove spring as not to heat up roller and ruin them. Sometimes it requires red hot heat to move due to lack of lock tight and causes them to rust in.

Premium Features