• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best oil you will ever find, 2 or 4 stroke. Huge benefit's for turbos.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Best oil you will ever find, 2 or 4 stroke. Huge benefit's for turbos. UPDATE

I edited this after a few posts

At least the best (by far) oil I have been able to find

I became a dealer for my own personal use and don't care if I ever sale this product ( I already have way to many projects) but if needed I can sell in my area.

http://www.sfrcorp.com/

This stuff is 10x the oil of normal stuff, Its a micro molecule oil that stays in tighter spot eliminating wear and dry cold starts. It was developed for extreme weather temps in Montana. It would be perfect for turbo oil systems also.

I have personally seen 10% increases in mpg in some cases and in others very little increase, usually always see a little.
I have completely lost oil pressure before at full throttle at 5000rpm in V8 engines and didn't hurt it. When I was a younger I changed a cam in a mod camaro 350, went and rodded it WOT somewhere between 0-160mph oil pressure went to 0 and I didn't catch it, went 10 miles at a 100+ before it finally melted the rod bearing out between the rods ( I wish I had the pics) A friend put a few ounces of the sfr-100 additive in his dirt bike thinking it would help lube it up, well it did to the point if you hit the throttle the clutch slipped/free wheeled. I cleaned the clutches 3 times with acetone and ran some trans flush through it before it started to grab again. So if you get some make sure you don't put it in the wrong place. Never run this stuff on a break in, it is so slick it will not allow a break in I put it in a freshly rebuilt 327 and it smoked like crazy, took about 10,000 miles before it seemed to quite smoking. I have many other story's but you get the point. I havent ran the 2 stoke oil yet but if its half as good as the 4 stoke oils its still above and beyond, it also retails at 33.95 a gal. I will be running it soon.

I've been sold on this stuff for over 15years, so I became a dealer and ordered a $1000 worth of product for myself. I have never seen anything compare to this stuff.

One of my main reasons for buying this stuff is for the turbo oil, if you watch this video http://www.sfrcorp.com/demonstration/ you can see that after the additive is added you can drain the oil and it still lubes, so every time you shut down a turbo sled you can hear the turbo spinning yet there is no oil being pumped to the turbo. SFR makes it worry free.

Oil delete/ Sleds with oil deletes would also benefit, especially the guys that just have a tube or grease zerk in the center cavity, a few drop of the sfr-100 would go a long ways. Would be pointless to add a lot because it would just run out but a few drops every ride would eliminate wear.

I sell a few cars throughout the year as a business, this is as good of warranty as I can get. My cousin sell hundreds of vehicles and he ordered 5 gallons of the additive for his own warranty as well.

I wouldn't read into the sales pitch on the web site, just watch the video and you'll get the point. There is lots of info on the site but you have to browse it a little to find it.

Last edited:
O
Dec 1, 2008
Bozeman, MT
So its just another group III hydrocracked base stock wrapped in snake oil....

Don't just tell me it's great. Tell me why it's great.

Preferrably, tell me why it's better than the Redline Racing that I stand by as the best thing readily available ;)

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Did you read the first post,

I'm just passing along my results, not really trying to sell it, I can but all I care is that its in my engines.

I don't know how it compares to Red line as I have never ran it before or redline before ( I have ran some diesel additive from red line that worked better than any other though), but back in the day all we used was the sfr 100 additive and that chit works. Its no snake oil.

Here is a video http://www.sfrcorp.com/demonstration/ watch it, its not a scam either my cousin has the same machine and its the real deal. I know its hard to believe but thats how it is. When he first got the machine you could add all the weights and push down on it (nearly hang off the weight holder) and it would finally stop, But the wear mark was still 1/4 or less the size of any other oil or additive we tried.

If that isn't good enough, last I heard they were offering a 200,000mile warranty. (I don't know what you have to do or how much it covers)

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
http://www.sfrcorp.com/

This stuff is 10x the oil of normal stuff, Its a micro molecule oil that stays in tighter spot eliminating wear and dry cold starts. It was developed for extreme weather temps in Montana. It would be perfect for turbo oil systems also.

I have personally seen 10% increases in mpg in some cases and in others very little increase, usually always see a little.
I have completely lost oil pressure before at full throttle in V8 engines and didn't hurt it. When I was a younger I changed a cam in a mod camaro 350, went and rodded it WOT somewhere between 0-160mph oil pressure went to 0 and I didn't catch it, went 10 miles at a 100+ before it finally melted the rod bearing out between the rods ( I wish I had the pics) A friend put a few ounces of the sfr-100 additive in his dirt bike thinking it would help lube it up, well it did to the point if you hit the throttle the clutch slipped/free wheeled. I cleaned the clutches 3 times with acetone and ran some trans flush through it before it started to grab again. So if you get some make sure you don't put it in the wrong place. Never run this stuff on a break in, it is so slick it will not allow a break in I put it in a freshly rebuilt 327 and it smoked like crazy, took about 10,000 miles before it seemed to quite smoking. I have many other story's but you get the point. I havent ran the 2 stoke oil yet but if its half as good as the 4 stoke oils its still above and beyond, it also retails at 33.95 a gal. I will be running it soon.

I've been sold on this stuff for over 15years, so I became a dealer and ordered a $1000 worth of product for myself. I have never seen anything compare to this stuff.

where would I get the 2 stroke from?

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
where would I get the 2 stroke from?

Just found a dealer 10 miles away and will looking into the 2 Stroke Syn and it properties. Good info Thanks.also I found redline ,Are you guys paying 70 bucks a gallon as listed?

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
$35 a gal is suggested retail for the sfr 2-stoke, I can't sell in another dealers area, but I if he doesn't want to stock a product I can sell it through him.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
$35 a gal is suggested retail for the sfr 2-stoke, I can't sell in another dealers area, but I if he doesn't want to stock a product I can sell it through him.

Ok a little info. What color is the 2 stroke oil. I premix and use red Amsoil so when mixed gas is RED no mistakes this way, Is it full Syn,?Do valves stay clean?Corrosion protection? I,m looking for the Mod sled and KTM. Any more info would be great. I think I may give a try

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I'm not trying to sales pitch anyone, the stuff I ordered is for me but I can if someone needs it. I just know what this stuff is and what it can do, and thought it would be a benefit to everyone weather its for sleds or any motor.

I just ordered the 2-stroke stuff, so I wont know tell it gets here. Years back when we used it they didn't have near the product line they do now. So I'm learning and will be testing. I bet I never loose another motor due to lubrication though.

The one thing I really want it for is my turbo, on sled they never get the chance to slow down before shut off and if you saw or watch the video you can see just how well it works even with no oil flow. I wont be replacing a turbo anytime soon.

FYI, I edited the first post after this one.

Last edited:

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I'm not trying to sales pitch anyone, the stuff I ordered is for me but I can if someone needs it. I just know what this stuff is and what it can do, and thought it would be a benefit to everyone weather its for sleds or any motor.

I just ordered the 2-stroke stuff, so I wont know tell it gets here. Years back when we used it they didn't have near the product line they do now. So I'm learning and will be testing. I bet I never loose another motor due to lubrication though.

The one thing I really want it for is my turbo, on sled they never get the chance to slow down before shut off and if you saw or watch the video you can see just how well it works even with no oil flow. I wont be replacing a turbo anytime soon.

FYI, I edited the first post after this one.

No Pressure here and appreciate any info you get,Looks to me like worth trying.

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
This stuff sounds very similiar to the oil that is made by Legend Performance. Legend also is making 4-stroke oil with amazing results. Hard for many people to believe until you actually TRY it. I have never heard or used what WyoBoy is talking about but I believe it.

Just because something is tried and true(redline racing oil) doesn't mean that someone can't develop with something better. Try it for yourself and stop bashing it without no cause or reason.

And as far as "WHY" it works and "WHY" it's better, that would be impossible to discuss here on this forum. Unless we're all a bunch of chemists, the manufacturer could come on here and tell you, and you still wouldn't understand.

I encourage anyone to give this stuff a try or even Legend a try. Call up the owners and I'm sure they would be happy to talk to you. Not trying to sway people to Legend or anything but it's the same type of deal. Mark(owner or legend) talked to me for over 2 hours in person about stuff and showed me first hand tests and everything.

AGAIN, I encourage anyone to give this stuff WyoBoy is talking about.

Last edited:

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
This stuff sounds very similiar to the oil that is made by Legend Racing. Legend also is making 4-stroke oil with amazing results. Hard for many people to believe until you actually TRY it. I have never heard or used what WyoBoy is talking about but I believe it.

Just because something is tried and true(redline racing oil) doesn't mean that someone can't develop with something better. Try it for yourself and stop bashing it without no cause or reason.

And as far as "WHY" it works and "WHY" it's better, that would be impossible to discuss here on this forum. Unless we're all a bunch of chemists, the manufacturer could come on here and tell you, and you still wouldn't understand.

I encourage anyone to give this stuff a try or even Legend a try. Call up the owners and I'm sure they would be happy to talk to you. Not trying to sway people to Legend or anything but it's the same type of deal. Mark(owner or legend) talked to me for over 2 hours in person about stuff and showed me first hand tests and everything.

AGAIN, I encourage anyone to give this stuff WyoBoy is talking about.

Agreed. i am ordering up a case. Have a fresh BB motor to test in and price is right at 37 bucks a gallon w/free shipping.will run in the KTM as well.A company who specializes in Just high end oil cant make garbage and be successful. It does look the the real deal kinda when slick 50 came out.I just hope its colored as my premix jugs are clear. No mistakes this way.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
I hear so much about 4 strokes failing because of oiling problems. I'm glad someone finally is selling something that will solve all our problems.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I hear so much about 4 strokes failing because of oiling problems. I'm glad someone finally is selling something that will solve all our problems.

I see you list your age of [2] Explains your sarcastic post

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Do not run this stuff on break in, or any where you need friction to work (anything with clutchpacks) It is to slick and could cause a bad break in depending on how good the machine work is on the motor. The point of a break in, is for wear to happen, without a good wear and tear it wont seat properly. When breaking in you want to run it fairly hard, Not long pulls but good some what hard pulls then a good deceleration. To seat the rings they need pressure, they wont seat on there own. They have to have the pressure of compression to force them out against the cylinder wall to get a full seat. Running it easy can cause it to not seat all the way around and if the proper seat is not established right away then most likely it will never fully seat allowing carbon build up and blow by.

You should read this on break in procedures http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

In my first post it talks of a 327 I built and used SFR from the start and it was a smoker for a lot of miles, I never fully put it together until I read the link above (I figured the sfr was the problem but that article spelled it out) and now it makes sense.

Just be aware.
If legend says you can run there stuff on break in, then its not as slick as sfr or they are misleading you and could cause improper break in. (not bashing I'm sure its great stuff).

I have tested with the same machine in the video all the other oils and additives I could get my hands on. slick 50, lucas, etc.. all the common ones don't do chit, I almost think a synthetic oil is slicker than reg oil with these additives, they are a complete waste of money. The only ones that showed some promise where dura lube and pro-long. Dura lube was slightly better (if it was all I could find I would run it) pro-long showed really good result but still not like SFR.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are some oils out there that are adding SFR to there product and slapping there label on it, or maybe having SFR do it for them, but I really don't know. They only other name that offers a warranty and service like SFR is BG products which I have never been able to get my hands on and don't know myself how good it works.

Last edited:

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Do not run this stuff on break in, It is to slick and could cause a bad break in depending on how good the machine work is on the motor. The point of a break in is for wear to happen, without a good wear and tear it wont seat properly. When breaking in you want to run it fairly hard, Not long pulls but good some what hard pulls then a good deceleration. To seat the rings they need pressure, they wont seat on there own. They have to have the pressure of compression to force them out against the cylinder wall to get a full seat. Running it easy can cause it not to seat all the way around and if its not done right away then most likely it will never fully seat.

You should read this on break in procedures http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Just be aware.
If legend says you can run there stuff on break in, then its not as slick as sfr or they are misleading you and could cause improper break in. (not bashing I'm sure its great stuff).

I have tested with the same machine in the video all the other oils and additives I could get my hands on. slick 50, lucas, etc.. all the common ones don't do chit, I almost think a synthetic oil is slicker than reg oil with these additives, they are a complete waste of money. The only ones that showed some promise where dura lube and pro-long. Dura lube was slightly better (if it was all I could find I would run it) pro-long showed really good result but still not like SFR.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are some oils out there that are adding SFR to there product and slapping there label on it, or maybe having SFR do it for them, but I really don't know. They only other name that offers a warranty and service like SFR is BG products which I have never been able to get my hands on and don't know myself how good it works.
Thanks I build Mod motors and run two full tanks of Mineral hard before switching to Syn,You are correct the motors with even Simi will not have the compression and mineral motor will achieve.Does anyone know the color of the 2 stroke oil?

sierraclimber

Premium Member
Dec 14, 2009
Oakhurst, CA (western sierra)
Pretty convincing video demo.

If the 2 stroke oil holds up that good too then its worth a shot. Would love to hear back from a few independent riders after using it for a bit to see what the results are. Looks like I might be one of them. :present:

What would you recommend for the DD drive? Their site says the tranny treatment is also good for transfer cases so maybe a splash will work in the DD too?

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
Just be aware.

Oh yeah, completely agree. I was just referring to the similarities in respect to being innovative and new.

The legend stuff is actually recommended in stuff with clutch packs so it's completely different type of thing. His claim with his stuff was good protection with longer periods of oil changes. Nonetheless.

Back to topic.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Just to cover the bases, This stuff shouldn't but some two stoke oils burn hotter than others. It could cause a lean conditions. Just be aware of it. If I get chance to run it this year I'll let you know if I can tell a difference. I will have a few running it in dirt bikes as well.

I might have to find the tester again and test it against other two stroke oils just to see, its been a while since I used it last, so it would be interesting to see the difference in the new oils.

As for the DD oil, I would not use the trans stuff, You would want to use the gearzol or the regular SFR-100, you would add about .5 ounces.

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
tdbaugha,
I think your on topic, it about oils and what they do so no worries. If thats what it says its definitely a different type of stuff. Lots of different stuff out there for different uses. I also think this stuff lengthens change times. But I would still change normally on sleds just because of the abuse we put to them.

To add, I have heard by many even synthetic oils are not recommended on break in, in 4 strokes (don't know about 2 strokes)

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
tdbaugha,
I think your on topic, it about oils and what they do so no worries. If thats what it says its definitely a different type of stuff. Lots of different stuff out there for different uses. I also think this stuff lengthens change times. But I would still change normally on sleds just because of the abuse we put to them.

To add, I have heard by many even synthetic oils are not recommended on break in, in 4 strokes (don't know about 2 strokes)

Have shipment on the way, What a great price,34$ gallon free ship if you buy a case.WyBoy this was a great find, Thank you

Premium Features