• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hot Boats : Let's See Some

Givemeaboost

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, MT
This is my 72 Nordic V-drive. I have a 64 401 Buick nailhead and a Casale 15% overdriven gearbox in it. I still need to do a interior job on it someday as all it has is two barstools from the local VFW club. Ken...

nordic boat 001-5.JPG Steve smiling 002-1-1.JPG two bladehot boat 002-12.JPG

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
hot rod sea king

stuff248.jpg

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Heres a couple of photos of Mojo,it was used in the last Miami Vice movie.It comes complete with Tommy guns and many other options,I sure would like to go for a ride in this baby,that is if I was behind the wheel.
I heard that the guy who owns it bought it a Barret Jackson and that it came with a H2 Hummer.

445.jpg 446.jpg 448.jpg 449.jpg 451.jpg

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Hottest boat I've ever rigged was a 44 foot Outer Limits GTX (sit down... low deck) with a pair of EFi 1200 Hp Sterlings and dry sump sixes.... digging for that pic right now... she was good for 118mph at Lake Tahoe (elev 6200 ft) 2 yrs ago... That sukker burned way too much race gas...

That was pretty good till we got passed quickly by a Turbine powered Skater that had a spotter chopper overhead... that boat was moving... My client sold his boat 2 weeks later...

Those toys make our sport look like welfare.

Now I work on restoring antique Mahogany boats... specializing in Italian Riva boats for show/use. Those are pretty hot when you put in a pair of pumped up 502's... but nothing like the poker run boats.... "nervous" above 70mph.

Here is one of them...

Before the work was done.
strippingitdown.jpg

"After" shot
2-19.jpg

On the water
1-22.jpg

This is what happens when a drunken driver hits you broadside at 30 knots with a 26 foot Cobalt... That was a crazy day on the water...I was standing in the engine bay when we got hit... nobody was killed, a miracle IMO.
accident.jpg

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
Beautiful MH!!!!

How did you get into restoring boats? Extreme pipe dream for me is a full on self restoration of an old wooden Chris Craft....doubt it will ever happen but a guy can dream.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Beautiful MH!!!!

How did you get into restoring boats? Extreme pipe dream for me is a full on self restoration of an old wooden Chris Craft....doubt it will ever happen but a guy can dream.

Been doing it since I was a kid... got into Yacht refits to put me thru University and then that took over for a while... getting back into the Classics still gave me the ability to work at a high level of my abilities... my customers have deep pockets... those boats cost typically $250k for a "full pull" resto.

If you have good shop and a couple of years of free time, you can pull off a good resto on a chris craft... upside down as far as money goes...but lots of pride in work. The best way is to buy one that is already done, from a strictly $$ point of view.

mountainhorse...you should have killed that guy! that boat is absolutly georgous!

Not my boat... A clients... Those boats cost more than any house that I could afford.
He was pissed, but what can you do?

IMO, the best boat.... The one that belongs to someone else.

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
Now I am suprised hotboat on here has not posted pics of his Hydrostream yet...he just finished putting in his new hot rod outboard..looks pretty good...

Premium Features