• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Matte Murder's M1100 Turbo HCR

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I love the carbon fibre look.
Did you think about changing the whole tunnel to a C3 carbon fibre tunnel?
Skins front A arm kit looks good.
How come they don't powder coat the spindles?

Not really, at the time this started I didn't plan on putting even this much money in the sled. The TJ tunnels are really an awesome part. Anyone who doesn't have a powder coated tunnel should do this. Hard to believe how clean the tunnel stays even in our wetter coastal snow.

The Skinz front end parts are pretty new. I am sure you can do them in black right now but it will take a while to get those. They will be green at some point.:face-icon-small-hap

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
One of the cool features of the Skinzs front spindles is that I can climb them when I need to get stuff off my roof rack on the truck. :face-icon-small-sho

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
You should get the ram air (EVO pics on here) for over the gills. I think that would look awesome and add some air movement in the ole heat box. Can't wait to see vid on this beast. Is it under 600lbs RTR?

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I broke a rib a couple weeks ago, should be able to ride next week though if we get some snow. I almost broke the last 2" of a rib off that sits right on my liver so I am not going to be able to really hit it hard for a bit. Woody is going to take it out before me if we ever get some snow.

tjcatman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Greenville Ca.
Sorry to hear about the injury. We have no snow in California so I can only watch video of others having fun. Going to head out of state next month if it doesn't start snowing here. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

homeboy

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2003
Chehalis
1100t

Matte, Could you please post a side picture showing your K-Mod mounting locations on your tunnel? The reason I ask and I am not trying to Jack this cat thread but you guys have a jump on this chassis so I am over here snooping. I have a Yamaha Viper 270 MCX that Outlaw Motorsports built for me that I now have about 250 miles on. I have made a couple of suspensions adjustments on it and it is getting better but to be honest I would rather ride my 270 MCX nytro at this point. My Viper is Equipped much like your 1100 chassis wise, has the K-mod with raptors but I have a 38in Zbroz front with exits. What caught my eye was I noticed in one of your pics that my K-mod appears to be lower in chassis than yours. I know Dustin mounted it where Kevin at K-mod told him to but it just feels heavy in front compared to Nytro and the Viper is actually lighter, it is actually hard to steer desending. I know once I figure this out this will be a better chassis than my Nytros. Any thoughts you have would be great....again sorry to hi jack thread

BLIJAS

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
BELLINGHAM, WA
rack

It is just a single sled deck that rolls in and out of the bed. Works really nice. A local guy was making them a few years ago...I went to a full size deck, so I no longer have it.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
homeboy

what position is your adjustable coupler on when u experience the hard steering?? I have a 174 full Kmod with raptors. when i had the conversion kit and my coupler on 3 or 4 i experienced harder steering also. Since upgrading to the 174, and the full kmod with raptors, I haven't used anything above a 2 on the coupler

homeboy

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2003
Chehalis
I put it on one and that helped, I increased the center shock spring tension, lowered the limiter strap one hole and decreased the rear track shock and this helped the diving on the front but sled was still hard to steer. This past weekend I took the Curve Xs skis off and put on poo grippers and hard steering is gone, however you have to chase it a bit down the trail, and we finally got some deep so we could do some side hilling and tree running and I feel like I am chasing it to keep sled side hilling thru trees compared to my Nytro, I am back and forth where to keep my weight, sled seems squirrely. I am going to move limiter strap back up and take some preload out of center shock. I noticed when looking at proclimb pictured on Kmod web site that my suspension is mounted about an inch lower in tunnel. and from what I can barley make out in photos, so is Matt Murder's, so it has me wondering? Any thoughts?

Last edited:

homeboy

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2003
Chehalis
av8er

When you set up your k-mod how much sag to you have at rear with you on? Mine right now is set up with 0

N
Dec 14, 2015
Can someone tell me where you get those foot loops Or what ever you would call them ?? Their just behind the foot well. They don't look to be attached to the boards?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 76

blackjack85335

Lifetime Membership
Jan 2, 2008
anything new?

Any more updates on the sled? How about some more pics from different angles and under the hood. I'm building my 12 m1100. Got a 215 Evo tune and all the bolt on goodies to go with it. Interested in a bc or SC with the Tapp clutch. Thinking team secondary and a belt drive. Is it worth losing the reverse? Any more recommendations and where to get them? Thanks. Ride on!

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
I think he sold it.

Any more updates on the sled? How about some more pics from different angles and under the hood. I'm building my 12 m1100. Got a 215 Evo tune and all the bolt on goodies to go with it. Interested in a bc or SC with the Tapp clutch. Thinking team secondary and a belt drive. Is it worth losing the reverse? Any more recommendations and where to get them? Thanks. Ride on!
Pretty sure the sled has been sold. As for your questions, the TAPP clutch is sold by C3 Powersports.
IMHO, I've never been a fan of any TRA style clutch for mountain riding, which the TAPP clutch is more or less based on. On my personal M1100T, I'm using a big chute with multi-map, a Cat primary which was beefed up with a billet spider and 911 cover. Team Tied secondary, and a C3 belt drive. Suspension is a 2016 Cat front end with Exit X1's, and a Kmod skid hold up the rear. The machine works very well.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Ha I haven't looked at this thread in a long time. Sled is actually for sale. Super deal for anyone looking for a fully built 1100T. 400 miles. Every single problem you could have with an 1100T has been dealt with. Clutch is cool to the touch even after hard pulls. Killer suspension, about 80lbs off stock, and on and on and on. It's all there and ready to ride.

Premium Features