• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Coolant Resovoir?

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
From what I heard...........

The new part number is made from the same two pcs. but they have a better jig to hold them as they are being welded together.

Owen

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Throwing this idea out to the masses: Why not run a different coolant? Bear with me, there is a story...
Back in 2004, I was looking for ideas to shave weight off of my (cough, cough) ski-doo rev 159. The cooler was huge, and perhaps overkill for the chassis. I cut the cooler to half it's original size, and started using Evans NPG+ coolant. Sled never ran hot, and I kept that machine for three seasons. It protects down to -40F, and doesn't boil until 375F, and unlike regular coolant, it doesn't expand nearly as much when heated. I've been fortunate enough to not split my tank, but it is insulated, my exhaust is fully wrapped, and I'm using Cat's vented side panels (mine is a BC250 kit). One could hear the coolant boil from the turbo when stopped, and I topped up after every trip, as it would push coolant from the tank overflow periodically. I'm open to suggestions / comments, but my plan for the upcoming season is to switch both sleds over to Evans and run a lower pressure cap to get rid of some pressure, and prevent the boil from the turbocharger. I'm not affiliated with then or selling anything, but it might be worth a look - I know I'm going to try it...

http://www.evanscooling.com/:musicnote:
Sound pretty good to me- just have to ensure that less than 3% of water left in the old system before applying this. The dryer the better
$40.00/ gallon

Last edited:
S
Dec 6, 2007
does anyone have any pictures or a description on how to to "weld" up the seam on the coolant tank? have my sled half apart getting it ready for winter and wanted to make sure my tank doesn't split like some people have had issues with.

Thanks,

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Outstanding service.

Fresh off the presses for Oneoldfart........
Thanks Gene! Once again, you have proven that there is still outstanding customer service out there from the odd vendor (which is VERY rare in my neck of the woods). I encourage anyone else north of the border to get in touch with JustBoostIt (White Knuckle Motorsports) for any sales, parts, or service requirements - you will not be disappointed. A true ambassador to the sport - not only a vendor, but a sledhead through & through that will do whatever he can to get you on the snow quickly.:first:

S
Dec 6, 2007
I agree. Gene at WKM is always available to answer the phone and help a guy out. Incredible support.

One more question. For those of you that have done this with the reservoir on the sled did you just use a butane torch on the exhaust side and heat a screw driver for the engine side? I don't want to take the tank off if I don't have to.

Thanks again guys!!

S2H

Premium Features