• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Last year for the Suzuki 1100 now what

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
the way I read that is an xtra $4K to make the 1100T

So with that 4k spent to get the 11t within 30lbs of an m8 (with no engine mods) I could turn around and spend that 4k on a turbo for the m8 and then be leaps and bounds ahead of the 11t with more power and less weight. Right?

Up to snuff compared to a RG M8. I.E. $4K of Evo Upgrades to make the 1100T a high HP sled as compared to a RG - M8

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Up to snuff compared to a RG M8. I.E. $4K of Evo Upgrades to make the 1100T a high HP sled as compared to a RG - M8

That doesn't have any Evo stuff, it was all weight loss. I could spin the weight list differently if we are budget shopping:

Composite hood: $350?
lithium battery: $200
straight pipe: $170
Reverse delete (no reverse with belt drive): free
Evo reflash: $550

$1270 for 220+ and 45 lbs off. Pretty decent. What people seem to not understand is there are people that willing buy 4s sleds knowing they are 90+ lbs heavier, it's no secret. They don't care. That is not why they are buying one obviously.

I started a "spend 10k on either sled" thread if you want to share your picks for upgrades. Interesting how people spend.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
They do a small muffler that is maybe 2-3lbs heavier than a straight pipe. Turbos kill a lot of engine noise and with the small muffler it's got a great sound, not really loud at all. People love the sound of my sled, especially when the waste gate pops.
The reason I went 4s turbo is I want to ride a lot and not wrench a lot. Chris Brown rode a T Nytro 130 days the year I rode with him. He rides the trees like few people I have ever seen. He was busted up from his fall that year too. I have a very similar T Nytro to him and my 1100t handles way better than my Nytro. What would it cost to run a 2s 130 days? How much wrenching would that take? Chris had 2 oil changes and simple stuff like tightening his track.
He was running 240hp. So why can't they make a smaller bore lightweight turbo 4s. Like an 800cc direct inj turbo. That should be an easy 180hp. Reverse adds a lot of weight with a 4s but I think it would be necessary to sell to the masses. Harder core guys could easily drop it(18lbs was a lot of weight so I went with the C3 belt drive on mine).

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Front of sled. In the same area of the engine.

Belt drive -11lbs
Aarms -6lbs
Hood -16lbs
Exhaust -10lbs

There is your 43lbs in the engine area. That should put your sled within 30lbs of a stock 2012 m8 for about 4000.

boy, and even after losing 40+ lbs... it's STILL got 30 extra lbs in the front.
You guys ride those things on purpose???:face-icon-small-sho HAHA

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Seems like this topic is turning into the 10k M8 vs 10k 1100 thread. Your not going to replace a turbo 4s with a turbo 2s. Even if you get the HP numbers the same, the 4s is going to put down more torque for climbing. Same reason a stock m8 and stock m1000 are close until you get them in a climb. Then see what happens. And if you get them both to the identical power and weight, the 2s is still going to handle better because a 4s engine has more gyroscopic forces happending with the engine. There is just more resistance to changing the direction the motor "wants to sit".

What we need is something revolutionary to really make them handle better. Like this: http://motoczysz.com/motorcycles/c1_990_2008

They split the crank into two parts so that they rotate in oposide directions from each other and eliminate the gyroscopic effect of the crankshaft. Now imagine doing that with a big twin 4s on boost. It would be very costly to develop, but I can't help but wonder how much better it would make the handling.

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Wow!

This thread is all over the place! I don't really care what comes after the 1100T is done with. All I know is I'm glad I made the switch from the 2s turbo to the 4s turbo. The torque is unmatched! First Cat, first 4s. I love it! It does suck to be stuck with such a heavy machine... but when you're on the throttle she pulls hard. I still do all the tree riding and creek bashing I've always done with my 2s. I sweat more and hurt more... but thats only for the first few rides each year.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
:crazy:

we said $10,000. not $10,000,000
:flypig:

$10,000 was the limit in the other thread. No limits here haha.
Like I said, it would be costly for a manufacturer to develop, but it would be pretty sweet to have a sled that had a gyroscopically neutral engine. The sticker price would need to be $20k for cat to make money on it and there are not a whole lot of buyers out there for that price.

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
$10,000 was the limit in the other thread. No limits here haha.
Like I said, it would be costly for a manufacturer to develop, but it would be pretty sweet to have a sled that had a gyroscopically neutral engine. The sticker price would need to be $20k for cat to make money on it and there are not a whole lot of buyers out there for that price.

Exactly. Myself I ride a N/A Nytro that I'm kind of modding this year. But for a manufacture to make a 4 banger the weight of a 2s, same handling characteristics, and still be as reliable as they are now, we'd have to fork out at least $20k for the sled, let alone all the accessories we all have to put on it to be different. The sport has moved away from the family and newbie aspect, instead it's focusing on the technical tree riding, racing, and lake riding. There isn't much for newbie mountain sleds. The 600 Pro is probably the best mountain sled for a new rider coming out to ride, but even the it's over $10k. Being in college and trying to get new people out, I hate to tell them that it's an expensive sport and even for decent used sleds you're spending more than for a car.

Now, as far as engines for the 1100t, Cat WILL NOT have a boosted Nytro motor in a Cat chassis without Yamaha having the same thing. The Phazer motor would be a candidate for weight, but the power just isn't there. We've boosted a few at dads shop, and they all traded up to boosted Nytro's. The most you could RELIABLY get out of the motor boosted and on race gas would be around 160, and even then it's pretty sketchy. Myself, I could see Cat starting to make their own motor. If it will be from Yamaha's help, or completely on their own, who knows. I'm thinking the whole thing between Yamaha and Cat is to share how to build chassis and motors. Yamaha needs a capable chassis, Cat needs motors. Only time will tell, but it should be an interesting next couple of years.

Premium Features