• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MBMS M1100 TURBO HCR SUPER CHUTE BUILD

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Operation Heat Reduction Complete!!!

Rode the sled for the first time with full venting and EVO Ti series heat defense blankets installed. The temp reduction under the hood was nothing short of amazing. I knew from the first couple rides on the sled the heat was going to be a HUGE problem. I could not make repeated pulls in deep snow without the clutches and motor becoming heat soaked and causing poor performance. The clutches and everything else under the hood was just too hot. Rode 45 miles today in fairly wet and heavy snow and the sled ran excellent. Repeated pulls on the hill were no problem. Performance was strong and consistent all day.

IMAG0697_zps519a4769.jpg

IMAG0698_zpsaef261ad.jpg

IMAG0703_zps9ac95541.jpg

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Whats that bag above your clutch guard?-- Might be a HCR thing but have never noticed the wire protective bag.

I also Agree with Jim's heat blankets... the heat soaking is greatly reduced-and is much needed...
Have you checked your chain?- Thats on my to-do list today .. Appears with the added HP we are now so happy with- many have discovered a weak link.. ( no pun intended):face-icon-small-coo

S/C

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Whats that bag above your clutch guard?-- Might be a HCR thing but have never noticed the wire protective bag.

I also Agree with Jim's heat blankets... the heat soaking is greatly reduced-and is much needed...
Have you checked your chain?- Thats on my to-do list today .. Appears with the added HP we are now so happy with- many have discovered a weak link.. ( no pun intended):face-icon-small-coo

S/C

It is a wire wrap...off an M7 I think. Put it on there to clean up and protect the wire mass. Chain inspection is on my list too.

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Chain Check A OK (for now)

315 miles 260+ HP and all is good for now.

IMAG0707_zps4f27ab34.jpg

Have it running harder than ever now. Requires slightly tighter than factory spec on the track to keep from ratcheting. It has big power and carries crazy speed over the rough stuff on the way up.

Premium Features