• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Proper belt deflection on my 2013 1100T forces belt too low into secondary

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
Could everyone measure there C to C of clutches. Starting to see alot of differences. My sled 12 153 is 11.5, alot of belt blowers seem to have 11.75. Does anyone know if you can adjust bolts on tcl to adjust CTC?
I'm also shimming for longer belt and going to give it more bite prolly won't see 100 mph again but should gain some low end grunt and lower engagement for smoother takeoffs plus no more black streaks on bottom of primary.

Last edited:
R

ReaperMotorsports

Mar 19, 2009
Mantorville, Minnesota
I just tried adjusting the deflection on the XS809 and cant get it to stop rotating the track. Seems like the primary is grabbing it at idle. Idk what im doing wrong here. Only thing that seems to be different between the 2 belts it the depth of the belt. Any info on how you got these belts to work would be awsome, Thanks

freddy

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
That's very strange - at the dealer I compared a new XS809 to a new 082 belt and the XS809 was at least a half inch longer. Width is all but identical.
I had to adjust for the XS809 being longer. Have you checked your center to center?

R

ReaperMotorsports

Mar 19, 2009
Mantorville, Minnesota
Width is identical between the 2 and center to center measures out to 11.5" and aligned at 1.450. I have 2 XS809 but they are the same so nothing different about them. I like the length on them alot better than the stock ones just need to figure out why I cant get them set right. Seems like no one else is having problems. I must be doing something wrong

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
With you're sled off turn the primary, and you can see if the belt is too tight. It will catch in the primary and pull the belt a bit. I had the same problem with the pro 800 belt. But I just rode it and let it wear out a bit .

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Width is identical between the 2 and center to center measures out to 11.5" and aligned at 1.450. I have 2 XS809 but they are the same so nothing different about them. I like the length on them alot better than the stock ones just need to figure out why I cant get them set right. Seems like no one else is having problems. I must be doing something wrong

It sounds like your belt to sheave clearance is too tight. The belts are suppose to be the same or very similar in width but may fit in the primary a bit different. Can you use a feeler gauge between your belt and the fixed face and see if the XS-809 is tighter. The belt to sheave clearance on the stock clutches is too tight on all the production sleds I have seen and small variances in belts can make them creep.

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
things that make you go hmmmmmm???

So I have been thinking about the spacer vs no spacer theories. If you look at the photos I took of my sled with the clutches completely shifted out (the two faces of the primary are touching each other can't go any further) so it is not going to try to shift up the primary any further. The secondary spacer has not stopped the secondary from opening at this point. I am thinking the spacer can't be causing the belt to keep trying to shift up the primary since it is all the way up prior to shift out spacer contact. Am I missing something? BTW I still think the stock belt is too short.

Woody

R

ReaperMotorsports

Mar 19, 2009
Mantorville, Minnesota
So by using the longer belt it should ride higher in the secondary since the primary is fully shifted out and cant go any higher? Correct?

So I have been thinking about the spacer vs no spacer theories. If you look at the photos I took of my sled with the clutches completely shifted out (the two faces of the primary are touching each other can't go any further) so it is not going to try to shift up the primary any further. The secondary spacer has not stopped the secondary from opening at this point. I am thinking the spacer can't be causing the belt to keep trying to shift up the primary since it is all the way up prior to shift out spacer contact. Am I missing something? BTW I still think the stock belt is too short.

Woody

O
Mar 19, 2009
Idaho
We never had any track creep or anything with ours. I set-up another 1100 turbo and with the stock belt it kept creeping on me. It would occasionally grab the side of the primary like damx said. After a few miles it stopped doing it, it's funny each sled is a little different to keep you on your toes.

Premium Features