• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Super Chute Turbo

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I don't know the exact number of hours, but it's a huge job to pull the motor. Did two this winter. I'd plan on somewhere around 20hrs to do rods and pistons. Will probably have some exchange motors already done for those that want.

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Any one know how many hours to do the 1100 motor with rods, pistons,and head studs.This will be a limiting factor as to how for to go,weather it's the SC,or the BC .

The Super Chute has other attributes that makes this turbo worth doing even at the same power levels as the Big Chute. The SC spools up almost supercharger quick. As WKM said, 280hp is more than most guys will ever need.

In addition to 300+ SC kits, we are offering the Super Chute kits at the same power levels as the Big Chute for customers who do not want to do the bottom end components and fueling upgrades.

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--Bigger, high flow compressor = more volume air = better low-end = better breathability = better throttle response = less boost needed per HP = cooler charge temps = more HP per # of boost

Last edited:
E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
The only update is that the SC makes 15-20 more hp than the BC at the same boost level.

More will be posted when we have more information.

In the meantime, here are a few pictures of the SC 3" Exhaust:

SCEx2.jpg

SCEx1.jpg

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Any idea when the turbo blanket will be ready

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Yes we are...Our wet clutch delete is holding up very well to boost. This week we are torture testing the belt to see how long it will last in desert heat and sand. The belt with stock clutching lasted less than 50 miles on boost. Once clutching is finalized, the Wildcat Turbo kit and WCD go into production. The turbo kit is flawless - no hiccups, just pure fun.

Our turbo blankets were held up by a bad prototype. It is still going to be another 4 weeks - definitely by Haydays.

Must be havin too much fun on that turbo wildcat! Any updates on the blanket? :face-icon-small-hap

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Is there any "exchange" on the SC? Do I send you anything to have modded besides the ECU? Is the intercooler in the pic yours or stock? I really like the new Skinz hood set up and wonder if all this stuff is compatible but not sure either you or Skinz could answer that question yet but I would love to know. If I don't get the Skinz stuff ordered ASAP it will be a long time before I get one.

E

Evo1

Feb 18, 2012
Is there any "exchange" on the SC? Do I send you anything to have modded besides the ECU? Is the intercooler in the pic yours or stock? I really like the new Skinz hood set up and wonder if all this stuff is compatible but not sure either you or Skinz could answer that question yet but I would love to know. If I don't get the Skinz stuff ordered ASAP it will be a long time before I get one.

Matte,

Yes there is a stock turbo core requirement for the Super Chute kit. As long as the Skinz hood fits over the stock components, it should work. I have not seen any pictures of what the Skinz PC 1100T hood looks like, but the intercooler should be exposed to snow spray. The intercooler needs to be as exposed as possible for it to work properly.

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Even with the fan kit you sell? Just wondering if the fan would survive that?

The fan kit helps tremendously, but the intercooler needs to be exposed from the top. Having snow dust hitting the top of the IC or having snow on the hood which melts and having the intercooler fan pull the snowmelt through is like putting ice on the intercooler when doing dyno runs. The fan is nearly indestructible - from a top European automotive fan manufacturer.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Fan kit

I have had quite a few questions on the kit. There is some assumptions that the fan mounts on the top of the i/c. I'm sure not everyone assumes that but just for clarification it mounts on the bottom side and pulls air thru. This also puts cooler air on the engine as well which is a bonus.

Premium Features