• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 2012 1100T 162 ***671 lbs*** full of gas!

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
The crub weight on the tunnel of my sled says 663lbs or something. 671 is probably correct, especially since the rated fuel capacity is less than what you can actually put into it.

In anycase, it's within 20 lbs of what I expected. Ride reports are saying that it hides its weight well, but you can tell it is there. Someone else even said that on a downhill turn it handled fine as well. I'm not a crazy tree rider where I spend all day on a 30 degree incline with trees every 7 feet, so it really doesn't matter to me.

What does matter to me is that 3 years from now when my sled is probably getting close to 6000 miles I will still be riding all of the days I have out west, versus the 2/3rds I was able to do last season.

1RMDave

Aug 23, 2010
I have one hand and can move my 650lbs 4 stroke around just fine so anyone with 2 hands complaining about the weight needs to re-evaluate their own abilities.

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
I have one hand and can move my 650lbs 4 stroke around just fine so anyone with 2 hands complaining about the weight needs to re-evaluate their own abilities.

Two young riders just came back from riding. 24 inched of fresh. Old grown in road/trail through a long gully with trees. They got tired of trying to turn the big gun, so they took turns breaking trail with the 800. (both ran good though).just saying.

1RMDave

Aug 23, 2010
I understand they are young but they must not be big guys. If a young guy that is over 200lbs has to switch off with his buddy....maybe he should stick to flying paper airplanes.

I'm 6'1 and about 205lbs just as a comparison.
For me half the fun of riding is just challenging myself everytime I ride. 4 strokes are a bigger challenge with a bigger reward.

Premium Features