• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1100T 50th edition is in!!

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
take aluim spacer off bolt.....turn around and put back on bolt with washers............screw back into shaft and sheaves will spread apart fine, way easier than that little screw ski doo send with sleds

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
take aluim spacer off bolt.....turn around and put back on bolt with washers............screw back into shaft and sheaves will spread apart fine, way easier than that little screw ski doo send with sleds

Dave:

Good to know! See, you learn something new everyday. The manual does not mention that. I like your way much better.........

That's genious!

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Yep, it works..........

But you need to leave off the two washers (1. Lock washer 2. Small washer just inside it)

If you dont the threads will not catch, just a hair too far away......

Good suggestion Dave.........

S
Nov 30, 2007
cda, idaho
Yep, it works..........

But you need to leave off the two washers (1. Lock washer 2. Small washer just inside it)

If you dont the threads will not catch, just a hair too far away......

Good suggestion Dave.........

that is how my 2010 m8 is...take out the bolt, flip it around and stick it back in...

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
he said he always wash's his belts in soap and water to remove mold release, belts lat twice as long that way:becky:

RickM

Premium Member
May 25, 2006
Central Wyoming
bolt and washer

On the 800 PC you only use the bolt and the washer in the tool kit to spread the driven clutch. leave the aluminum piece off. The bolt will screw in all the way and work fine. Removing the foam down along the drive clutch will also
help in getting the belt of the drive clutch. I wonder how much heat the big curved guard over the driven clutch will hold in. Looks like it need more
venting. Hope this helps. RickM

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA

It may be possible to get the bolt started just by turning the spacer around with the 2012...will have to take washers off for sure but then the bolt is not really long enough to get a good starting thread. Use the big washer by itself should have been in the tool kit...but maybe some got missed.

Also everyone with M1100T should take a look at the breather tube in the back of the air cleaner mounted in hood plenum. We have had several arrive unhooked and even after installing the hose is short and not angled straight into the air cleaner. It is an interference fit and I think there may be issues with this staying put. You guys check yours and let us know what you find.

dejadoo

Lifetime Membership
he said he always wash's his belts in soap and water to remove mold release, belts lat twice as long that way:becky:

I always thought that the sides of the belts were cut down after they were molded, so there would be no mold release. But they would probably spray something slippery on them during cutting, so maybe that is what is being washed off.

Premium Features