• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turning the 1100T into crazy boondocking sled. HOW?

W

WKR

Nov 27, 2007
western canada
Na

No light weight exhaust. Straight pipe out the shock tower. No weight added cuz you still have to remove the flex joint.

Bakes

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2008
IA
Way too much common sense...

They're all heavy when your stuck.

The more HP you have the more you have to work in the trees. A blip of the throttle just gets you further into trouble LOL with a big block.

So like clutching I guess, you have to find the balance for you. Are you a 177 HP man (or girl) or are you a 140 hp man (or girl). I know which one I am at my age and am not embarassed to say it. I'm not 50 anymore.

Everyone is ignoring the 1100 N/A. It's power delivery may make it the best boondocker below 6000'. All depends on the trees and rider.

This may bring out the chest bounding but i've seen some great tree riding done with 600's and 700's along side of 800's in the same chassis (meaning weight was no issue). And, I've seen the difference between 700 and 800's in the same chassis on a hill.

What you really need and what you think you really need may be different but we are all hoping we really need what are egos think we really need LOL.

I like this post. Many are getting very skilled with any machine. Funny he mentions the 1100 N/A. I ride both the flatland and steep and deep. I'm working towards two sleds (a shorty and a long track) but can't afford it yet. Have a 1100 turbo shorty on the way, but considering the 1100 N/A instead to save the money towards a better long track. I'm sure I could get by with the less power, but not sure my ego would. Personally I'm looking for less power in less altitude and 800cc in a long track, no 4-stroke coming here yet for "boondocker."

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
hmmm.... tree riding..... a four stroke.... how long until a yamaha diehard posts a video of turbos going through 150 foot wide gaps in the "trees"?

Do you ride in revelstoke alot ? Ill tell ya what, ill hook you up with 4 or 5 guys with those big heavy 4 stroke unrideable in the tree machines. If you can shake them ill give ya a hundred bucks if you cant well pay up. And im not talking on the hill because we already know that out come.

Premium Features