• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How much power at alt M1100T?

M
Feb 27, 2010
the stock setup adjust

the stock setup well adjust from 12psi to 18psi to keep the 177hp.the motor stock is built to handle 225hp and detuned for a longer life.d&d is claiming some insane numbers from there hyjacker and a waste gate shim and a exh mod.300hp. i can't wait to see the first load of sleds to show up.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
The factory ecu on the cat turbo automatically targets 170kpa absolute manifold pressure. At my elevation of about 1100ft, this is about 12 psig. At 9500 ft, it is about 16.5 psig for the same absolute manifold pressure. Actual (uncorrected) hp is only slightly reduced due to the elevated intake temps and the same clutching from low elevation works fine. With free flowing exhaust (D&D Barker, Silent choice, or straight pipe) the stock turbo appears capable of maintaining up to about 190 kpa at 9500ft elevation. Even at stock boost levels, opening up the exhaust is a huge power gain. With stock muffler, the stock pressure of 170kpa is probably about it at 10,000ft. When operating on the edge of the compressor map, ambient temp also has a huge influence, with the turbo capable of much more in colder air. One thing for the non-turbo guys to remember is that the corrected hp (how you would compare to an n/a or any other motor) goes way up as you maintain constant absolute pressure at higher elevations. So when your stock boost 1100t is at 170 kpa at 10,000ft, the hp is correcting to well over 200hp. We (D&D/Boondocker) have been testing these motors since 2008, and I feel confident that most pump gas riders will be fine with the stock turbo to 10,000ft. Those running race fuel (or meth injection) boost levels will benefit more from a larger turbo.

Thanks glen. I know you have been "In Bed" so to say for a number of years now and value your opinion as well. Thanks for chiming in on this. As myself I am considering a ezjacker and a high flow exhaust. Would like to see 210hp with 10-20 hp on the button for wagging skis in the air blowing over the top fun.

dejadoo

Lifetime Membership
Thanks Glen for the great info, now I can't wait for snow and my 1100t to show up. I was only planning on changing the muffler for the 1st year,
maybe that will make up for mostly riding at 12,000 feet. I am thinking that I would be happy with 200HP since I am used to riding sleds that have
just over 100 HP at 12,000 feet.

Last edited:
Premium Features