• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cat I hope your viewing!

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
I'll put my fate in their hands. Please if you [Cat] engineers think we'll like the virt. steering, put it on my sled also the 38'' width. I don't want to spend money to get it to work. I spent a fortune getting my King Cat right. I just want to ride this time.

Owen

+1.... i will be adding that hijacker , maybe shox , possibly a different track , can , gotta get a boss seat and lots of clutch stuff of course. Other than that ill leave it alone:loco:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
They were not ready, built but not ready for preproduction even. All handbuilt units......

Alot of calibration and testing needed to be done yet, and the sleds were not ready to produce for demo season.

I would rather wait for a sled that is worthy to be ridden, than rush some out the door so people can ride them only to say the suspension sucks, or this was not right, or that was not right. THE SLEDS WERE NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, in time to make the demo season.......

That negative REP can come back to hurt you......

I agree, although all I care is to see how it handles and responds the refinements can come later even if they slack off and don't do them, (like the pre 2010 shock valving)

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
please...vert steering, 38-40" width, seat storage, and a pull start versus electric start option.

Try starting that engine cold once, not to even mention trying to start it at 10 above zero or even colder.. After that you will be praying to get electric start on it.......

You will likely end up like this pull cord four stroke starting guy did
armless2.jpg

And you don't want that do you?

This guy ordered one of the first RX-1's without electric start...... Now look at him!

Last edited:
K

Kruchy

Sep 30, 2009
Goodsoil, SK
How much room is there under the seat with the tank and battery being there? You may have to buy an accessory with your Cat cash. 38" and vertical steering please, until someone tells me different. Honestly it sounds right from the reviews but if someone "Rasmussen" says the four banger is better as is, then what? I am putting the fate of my front end in you test riders hands.

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
you don't need the vertical steering.there are some guys out there that have the horizontal [over the motor] on there m sleds and they are some of the best riders out there.watch KJs part in either forcast or sledncks13.so people it well feel different but its not bad.if u have any skill at all u well be killing it on either setup.

Its not a matter of skill, its a matter of preference. I have been on M sleds since 07 and I much prefer vertical steering. I don't think anyone, no matter how good they are at riding would prefer a horizontal setup.

K

Kruchy

Sep 30, 2009
Goodsoil, SK
Try starting that engine cold once, not to even mention trying to start it at 10 above zero or even colder.. After that you will be praying to get electric start on it.......

You will likely end up like this pull cord four stroke starting guy did
armless2.jpg

And you don't want that do you?

This guy ordered one of the first RX-1's without electric start...... Now look at him!
I hope that is photo shopped. I didn't want to laugh but.......

Premium Features