• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris storm 800 stock except light weight front end kit and bar riser

K
Feb 22, 2011
1996 Storm SKS

Guys,

This thread has intrigued me. I live out East (New York) and only trail ride. If I put a shim kit in my Storm and re-cut the head chamber shape, use PSI mod blaster pipes and a CDI box out of a 650 RXL, would I be in good shape to use the extra RPM band correctly? (obviously I would need to clutch for it) I already have a shim kit and the cut down heads, I would need the CDI box and the pipes. I have a Boyessen reed kit as well.....

Would this be worth it? I am running a 1.25 paddle track and an M-10 suspension. Did Polaris (Fuji) have the harmonic issues fixed with these cranks by 1996? I am doing the shim kit already, just wondering if there is extra power out there I didn't know about?

Thanks,

Ken

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
I am going to buy these pipes(95 RXL PSI modblasters) and CDI WITH CHOPPER CITY CHIP, advances timing to make power in midrange, from a guy I ment up north here in Michigan. I am buying to sell them so send a PM. They are not spoke for yet.. I will change post when gone..they were for the extra 12.. $350 for all from flanges to exit. Shipping extra.

Last edited:
B
Apr 19, 2009
SE, MN
Guys,
I already have a shim kit and the cut down heads, I would need the CDI box and the pipes. I have a Boyessen reed kit as well.....

Thanks,

Ken

Picked up a 96 stock storm and doing some grave digging. Did stretch to 133". Plan on cutting my heads .020. What is a shim kit?

Last edited:
Premium Features