• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aftermarket Front Bumpers

sleddin pete

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Summit County Colorado
I've got an 07 and an 08.
I know at least Tri City Polaris,Skinz and Tree dog make bumpers for our IQ sleds.
Tell me,any others:confused:?

Who is running what,and are you satisfied with what you've got?
Build quality,
Value for price payed?
Would you buy the same again?
Thanks,Pete

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Love my Skinz bumper. Well built, easy installation, great fit and finish, and makes a strong lifting point and front end protection. You would be shocked at how cheezy the plastic front bumper assembly is mounted, what a waste by Polaris. Nothing against any of the other manufacturers because anything is better than the factory, but the Skinz bumper is awesome!

DSC_0068.jpg

Avi8tormd

Premium Member
May 31, 2008
BOISE, IDAHO
The skinz bumper is by far the best fit and finish in my opinion. I have bought three of them so far and put them on 3 different sleds. Go skinz.

I

IDAHO HOT SHOT

Jan 21, 2009
South of Bellevue...way south
I can't speak for what i haven't tried, but I do have a TCP bumper and I think that it looks really nice and since it gets its fair share of pine sap, I think that it serves its purpose super awesome.

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
Skinz is more reasonably priced IMHO. I did some logging and hit the throttle and went thru some trees that would have destroyed the OEM front end. Nothing but pine needles and sap!

Skinz is a good company that stands behind their products.

N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
I'll give a shout out for the CoBe front bumper!!!

Plus you get to run the 09 plastic's kit which makes it look cleaner and not all hacked up with the plastics riveted back together.

final_bumper_4.jpg

final_bumper_3.jpg

final_bumper_2.jpg

Final_Bumper_1.jpg

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
Runnin 2 Treedog's here and very happy. Tough, good looking bumper that was a snap to install. I'd do it again. EW

100_6850.jpg

With the Skinz float plate

100_6724.jpg

T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
I put the Skinz bumper on both of our sleds, great price, for a great part. I also have the Skinz float plate, the front end of my sled is protected very well. Skinz make some really good stuff for a reasonable price, and Paul at Sled Solutions was a good guy to deal with.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
The Cobe bumper does look great and I love the integrated skid plate, but sleddin pete was asking about an 07 or 08 machine. Once you add up the cost of the Cobe bumper and the 09 plastics you are getting out of most folks price range for a bumper.

A

auggie11

Dec 10, 2007
Longmont, CO
I'll put one more up for the cobe bumper!! yes a lil pricey $379.00 on the 09 and newer IQ's but i saw this bumper in action last year take one hell of a shot that just made me sick thinkin he took out a front end, but nothing wrong. Also like how the plate come down over the front and underneath for added protection. Thanks for a great product Cobe and will be ordering one

Aug.

P
Dec 7, 2007
Mill Creek, WA
I'm leaning towards making my own. I made my own tube bumper on the front of my Dodge, and welded up plenty of steel stuff on my Jeep. No disrespect to any of the mfgr's out there, all the pics look great. But making my own stuff is what helps me afford this hobby, and appreciate the end result. Besides, it gives me something to do in the garage while I wait for snow! Just my .02. :D:beer;

sleddin pete

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Summit County Colorado
07/08 owners
Thanks everyone
Looks like the Skinz bumper is the popular choice for sledders on a budget.

Don't have any info/pricing on the treedog bumper? Anyone?

Going to the Denver show this weekend any of these vendors going to be there:confused:?
Thanks Pete

Premium Features