• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

N horns vs S horns

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
I have always ridding the northern end of the bighorns usually out of bear lodge or elk view inn. From there we usually go north or west. How does the southern end of the bighorns, or the central part around the antelope butte ski area compare. Im not looking for anyones secret spot, but when its a 8 plus hour drive its nice to know there will be some decent riding. thanks in advance for any replies.

Big D rmk700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
New Ulm, Mn
Been to both but years ago usually drive a little further west for better overall conditions. Also much cheaper to stay in west.

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
I used to like to like to unload at granite pass, head to the back of antelope butte, stop into willet basin. A quick blast up to the ridge above Hamilton gold mine, he careful the wilderness line is close there. Follow woodchuck pass back to the red grade road. Lots of riding on either side of the road. You can cut west about anywhere and still cut hwy 14.. Been 21 years since I rode up there.
Seems like the snow isn't what it used to be up there.

My 2 cents. Probably not even worth that much.

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
horns

I ride alot around West, Island park, up by Butte, Togwotee, and others but usually make a quick trip to the Horns since we can same 3 to 5 hours drive time. thanks for the info on the southern end of the horns, i like the north end but if the snotels showed better down south we might make run down there to check it out.

Premium Features