• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'01 800 stock- pod filters?

OK, I know this isn't the first time this has been debated but I've about breached my threshold with this stupid airbox. I'd like to move the post forward which I'll try on my own (until that fails and I have to get ahold of Wildchild). My throttle cable crapped out as did the extension. And there's nothing I despise more on this machine than removing the airbox over and over.

That being said, do the pods work alright on this machine? I'll duct in the cold air and block the hot as necessary. They would solve a lot of my headaches while making room for the post and slack for the throttle cable. The local dealer says they've always had jetting issues with this setup.

Thoughts?

-N8

D

Double A

Nov 27, 2007
Central Washington
I run mine with K&N filters. In the deep snow they can choke a littlle when it sucks steam..but other than that its fine. You may need to jet up a little unless your machine is running rich as is.

Also look up Prok air filters they actually have a velocity stack built into it..kinda cool. I couldnt use them on my sled cause of lack of room..or I would have..check them out.

Don't try using ANY foam type. They flat out stink unless your riding in the dirt.

I remember years ago asking that everyone said NO. I never did get a good reason why. It seams to me the efi should be able to compensate for the mixture difference the same way it does with altitude change. I'd still like to put some pods on the wife's 600efi but the carb machine has to be done first!

-N8

Premium Features