• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris edge rmk 800 ves....mikuni carb question?

C
Jan 1, 2008
when changing the jets.........on the chart it has the jet number and below is the clip position number from the top of jet needle...changing the jets is easy but how exactly do i change the clip position????????if anyone can please help

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
Take the needle out of the carb and press the "C" clip out with the needle in your palm and your index finger pushing the clip off. (Or any finger, just so you don't drop the clip) Then press it back in the proper slot. If you have a good pair of needle nose you can pull it off with them.

E
Jan 18, 2008
St. Paul, AB
Remove the top cover from the carb.
Ty-wrap or tape the throttle lever wide open.
Take a 2.5MM Allen wrench or T-Handle and loosen the hook shaped retainer that holds the needle down.
Take either a strong pen-magnet or needle nose plier and pull the needle straight up.
Do not lose the plastic washer that is below the e-clip.
Take off the plastic washer.
Push the opening of the e-clip down on a flat surface with your thumb or finger on top of the clip so that it doesnt go flying.
The needle numbers are from the top down (1-5 normally).
Place the e-clip in the desired postion and push it on.
Re-install making sure plastic washer is in place and J-hook slides over the needle as you tighten it.
PS if there are any odd needle postions like 3.5 you need to add a shim washer between the existing plastic washer and the e-clip. Your dealer or other vendor like SLP can get you the shim washers.
Good luck,
Steve

D

Desperado

Nov 29, 2007
New Meadows
By ElectroTech "Ty-wrap or tape the throttle lever wide open."

Remember to remove the ty-wrap from the throttle handle, I was changing my jet clip once and was distracted by my nefew, forgot that I had the throttle rapped. Needless to say when I started the sled I went on one he$$ of a ride for about 40yrds until I was stopped by the corner of the cabin. 300 dollars later in med bills six stitches in my upper lip and a broken nose reminded me to remove the rap. OUCH:eek:

Premium Features