• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Engine removed, now what?

jdw1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
Minnesota
Removed engine for some work, just wondering what if anything, I should do to the engine compartment or air intake system while the engine is removed.

One question I have for anyone that has removed there engine, I noticed that I have a lot of what looks to be black oily belt dust on the engine side of the throttle body's. has anyone else noticed this while the throttle body's where off?

I recall someone drilling holes in the air box for foging the engine for the off season. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Edit: 2012 pro rmk 800

Last edited:

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
In process of same thing for my LRTM3 motor that just arrived. I washed the crap out of mine, new motor mounts from boost-it, new reeds, new updated injectors, welded a couple cracks, thinking about making my own wiring harness. Pretty much anything i can possibly fix or replace now im doing it.

lorne1176

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2010
Red Deer, AB
In process of same thing for my LRTM3 motor that just arrived. I washed the crap out of mine, new motor mounts from boost-it, new reeds, new updated injectors, welded a couple cracks, thinking about making my own wiring harness. Pretty much anything i can possibly fix or replace now im doing it.

Keep an eye on your motor mounts, I would just change 1 or 2 to the Boost-it ones for now to see how your motor mount bolts hold up.
Neil makes great products ....however I ended up breaking 3 bolts on 2 different weekend.
Really fun buggers to get at when they bust off inside the strap, He may have switched to a different durometor(sp) to correct this, but just a heads up.
Thread lock is also a must.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Should say i ran boost it mounts last year for half the season. Never had any issues. Im running three mounts. Guess in lucky tho cause i still had the outdated mounts and bolts when i replaced them with boost it ones. Hell im still running the blue injectors with no issues. Changing those out this season as well

Premium Features