• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FYI: SNEAK PEAK OF C3 2013 PRO-RMK DRIVE KIT

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
…………………
It still doesn't address the heat issue the turbo guys are seeing...300 degree belts. lol

If you are seeing 300 degrees it really doesn't mater which belt drive or chain case you are running, Install a heat shield. If your turbo kit did not come with a heat shield then shame on them for sabotaging your machine and it's reliability. That's what one would expect from the low bidder in the turbo wars.

Don't expect the manufactures to be Physic and foresee what you are going to do; and then thru your ignorance try and destroy their hard work and reputations.

L
Nov 25, 2010
W. Washington
rms is AMAZES me that there are guys like you who think this belt issue(and driveshaft issue) are minor problems. Is there really anyone who rides with 4-5-6 Pros who hasn't seen either a driveshaft or belt failure in person ? I look back at posts on this problem from November and it's the same thing. Minor problem, 2% on the snow, Poo will fix it etc. My dealer had 8 failures before I picked up my sled. She got me a 12 shaft with Avids(which I paid for) because she didn't want me to get stuck in the hills. I had to spend money on a sled just so I could get home, lol. Poo being Poo won't even pay fora track that gets destroyed when there admitted mistake fails. This is all 2-3 months into the season, what's going to play out over the next 3-4 years? And now let's talk about pistons and cylinder skirts, and the TPS lol. This cluster was probably put in to take the focus off their crap engines. So let's talk next year and see if my pessimisim or your obtimissim was correct...

I think you're just jumping on the anti-pro bandwagon. Go ride your skidoo and quit complaining. You're trying to make this a bigger deal than it is. I have had zero problems with mine, I have two close friends that also bought '13's, with zero problems. I see many '13 Pros out riding, and have yet to find anyone who has had a problem. My dealer sold about 200 sleds this year, he had 5 driveshaft failures before the fix. None since. My dealer, instead of selling me a different driveshaft, told me to ride it, and if I have a problem, he would bring parts out to me and fix it right there. Luckily that never happened. Anyway I think you're just adding to the hysteria.
And that new c3 design, what keeps the belt from walking off the pulleys. The Polaris design has the big flange on the upper pulley.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Anyone know if C3 has put any time on this set-up? I know that they have put in time to design and manufacture but any time on the snow? Did it show less heat or anything else for benefits like longer belt life for one of their boosted friends?

It looks like they use the stock back plate. So if this is just bolt on and go (just like many people have been asking for) they must believe that the stock parts they are bolting up to are good enough (alignment, strength, etc.) for their product.
That's good news so in my wierd way of thinking if I have not had a belt life problem yet, the biggest benefit is the ability to change gear ratios.
Or have they confirmed tension (too much or too little) has been the reason for sheared belt teeth.

Anyone know what C3 found during testing?

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
I think this is a great design, and compared to other price points out there very affordable. We have had a few people here locally switch back to chain cases and unless you find something used you spend almost a grand anyways. As to the heat issue, CMX has been running this gates belt for over 10 years now on high horsepower sleds. It would be nice to hear from a C3 rep though to see what they found etc. Also I would like to know why you can buy a complete Synchrodrive for a 12' Poalris cheaper than you can buy just the "Fix" for the 13'? Anybody have insight on this?

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
My best guess as to the price point is due to the complicated CNC'd tensioner mount. Pretty easy to see the $200 dollars there. Also the expected sale quantity is likely pretty low compared to the '11-'12 conversion.

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
My best guess as to the price point is due to the complicated CNC'd tensioner mount. Pretty easy to see the $200 dollars there. Also the expected sale quantity is likely pretty low compared to the '11-'12 conversion.

Thank ya.

P
Dec 3, 2007
Don't no if its an error but the price now says $950 so order up.:face-icon-small-ton

STILL. Whats the tensioner worth to make? Someone said 200 bux. The pulleys. What 150 for a set? Then a belt at 200 if they are same price as polaris. Then a tensioner pulley maybe 60 bucks. A few bolts and an instruction sheet. 20 bux. $630.00. I had an a price in my mind that would be reasonable and it was 650.00. $950.00 is preeeettty steep for that stuff. But like i said earlier. People will pay it because they want a reliable sled. Now why doesn't someone just make a tensioner for the stock belt if that is the root of the problem. Which i personally don;t think it is. Driveshaft runout poor tolerance on bearings pulley alignment and heat is what is killing these in my mind. Along with people not being honest about how the belt stripped teeth. (landing at full power?)

D
Feb 16, 2008
MONTANA
So What?

STILL. Whats the tensioner worth to make? Someone said 200 bux. The pulleys. What 150 for a set? Then a belt at 200 if they are same price as polaris. Then a tensioner pulley maybe 60 bucks. A few bolts and an instruction sheet. 20 bux. $630.00. I had an a price in my mind that would be reasonable and it was 650.00. $950.00 is preeeettty steep for that stuff. But like i said earlier. People will pay it because they want a reliable sled. Now why doesn't someone just make a tensioner for the stock belt if that is the root of the problem. Which i personally don;t think it is. Driveshaft runout poor tolerance on bearings pulley alignment and heat is what is killing these in my mind. Along with people not being honest about how the belt stripped teeth. (landing at full power?)

Im not sure why everyone is so dead set against a company making a profit? If I sit down, design a product, research and test and test and test it, then assume that there are going to be a certain number of problems coming back at me for god knows how many different justified or not reasons, THEN MAKE THE PRODUCT IN MY FACILITY THAT IM PAYING FOR!!!!, I SHOULD EXPECT TO MAKE A FEW HUNDRED BUCKS FOR BEING THE ONE WHO STEPPED UP! just sayin....

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Still wondering why no one in the aftermarket is offering a cost effective bolt on tensioner?
I'd imagine there's more money to be made there than complete new system...
C3?

P
Dec 3, 2007
Im not sure why everyone is so dead set against a company making a profit? If I sit down, design a product, research and test and test and test it, then assume that there are going to be a certain number of problems coming back at me for god knows how many different justified or not reasons, THEN MAKE THE PRODUCT IN MY FACILITY THAT IM PAYING FOR!!!!, I SHOULD EXPECT TO MAKE A FEW HUNDRED BUCKS FOR BEING THE ONE WHO STEPPED UP! just sayin....

Absolutely. Everyone needs to eat. But steak every night? I wasnt unrealistic with the numbers i posted in them making a profit. I even put the belt right at 200 bucks when its only 90. Thats 110 bucks right there. The tensioner bracket at 200 bucks is a profit in my book. Maybe only 30-40 bucks by the time you pay the machinist. 150 dollars for a set of pulleys is also probably a high guess. Would think at least 50 buck there. The tensioner pulley at 60 bucks. Well gotta be 10 bucks there. And the bolts. I put them right at 20 bucks. Probably about 15 dollars there. Whats that. 220.00-250.00 profit per kit. If there is no profit in the kit at 650 bucks explain to me why the 11-12 kit is the same but has the back plate that costs probably a couple hundred bucks to manufacture and its the same price as the kit without. Obviously just a money grab for the 13 kit.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Even if Polaris gets things figured out, I do see a huge value in the ability to choose your gearing. I would like to know the results of gearing the stock pro as I feel they are geared too high. C3 could sway me if they published some results of gearing 10% lower or if there were some testimonials about doing so.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
C3 did you ever think of mounting the brake rotor off the bottom pulley and mounting the brake caliper off the tensioner bracket? That would be sick. I know belt failures with your system are pretty rare(you told me that, lol) but lots of guys want brakes IF the belt does fail. A brake on the bottom would also take a lot of stress of the belt and maybe increase life.

Premium Features