• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lets see those wedges

C
Here is my XLT:

165388-original.jpg

165392-original.jpg

IMG00325-20091228-1238-1.jpg

18675_1299304770101_1454870794_3081.jpg

Has a little power too.

J

j.c.higgins

Nov 26, 2007
St. Albert, Alberta
Wedge Mod!

One i built from a 98 XC bulkhead and Cr Racing tunnel. The crank stub sheared off the Ultra 800 last season and i'm just now installing a Rotax 1100 Price motor in it. A little late in the season but i had no time earlier due to work commitments. Higgins.

XC Pics. 006.jpg Marks Pics 189.jpg 1100 Price Rotax 006.jpg 1100 Price Rotax 007.jpg

Last edited:
X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
98 RMK 700. Wish I had a picture of my 98 XC 700 too. But I lost a TON of pictures in a computer crash a few years ago.

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
'98 700 RMKs

The '98s will always have a spot in my heart. I love those ones, if I could find a cherry one I would make a place for it in my stable.

J

j.c.higgins

Nov 26, 2007
St. Albert, Alberta
98, last year of the old wedge! But i love them also. Do them up right and they can work just as good as anything in the hills these days........well almost anything! LOL.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
98, last year of the old wedge! But i love them also. Do them up right and they can work just as good as anything in the hills these days........well almost anything! LOL.

Oh yeah they sure can. Biggest difference is the price. You can build a full mod wedge chassis EASY for under 3K using the best of the best parts and have yourself a wicked sled thats as reliable as they come.

I sold both my 98 wedges Never should have. The kid that bought my 98 700 RMK MOD thats pictured above had it blown up smashed and totally wrecked in less than 8 months. Hit an approach launched the sled into the air sending end over end 6 times. I almost cried when I saw it for sale again as a parts sled in the condition it was in. I had some much time energy and heart put into that sled it just sucks to see something you've worked so hard on wrecked.

My 98 XC 700 I sold to a friend of mine. He 2 weeks later was running it wide open on the ice and had a belt go through the hood wrecking it. A month later a bunch of us were riding together and he landed it strait up and down kinked the rails into an S tore the tunnel from the bulkhead totaling the whole sled out. That sled was FLAWLESS before he got it. Still makes me sick to think about it. People just dont appreciate this stuff anymore I still have alot of love for the old Wedges. I should build another one. lol

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
95 XLT SKS with Full Xtra 10 136X 1.5 Track SLP triple pipes SLP air box. AWSOME SLED.

XLT WEDGE XTRA 10 MOD.jpg XLT WEDGE XTRA 10 MOD 2.jpg

C

chadkrump

May 26, 2008
Amenia ND
Well got a few to post... first one is mine,

97 700 SKS
151" 2" track
SLP pipe
SLP boost bottle
RMK gearing, HIVO chain
Arctic Cat bars
Lefty throttle
SLP ultra lite skis

IMG00020-20091214-2110.jpg

Second one is my buddys sled "modded93xlt" on this site

93 XLT SP
98 front suspension and shocks
02 edge RMK rear suspension 144"
2" 144" finger track
vanamburg tunnel ext.
vanamburg led tailight
SLP two wheel kit
RSI Pivot and risers
RSI mountain bar
RSI handguards
680 ultra motor
SLP tripple pipes
modded airbox, coolant system, and hood

DSC01888.jpg

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
People just dont appreciate this stuff anymore I still have alot of love for the old Wedges. I should build another one. lol

people have no clue anymore, maybe with the current economic state people will realize how much things cost and that they should take care of them so that they last. People seem to think it is cool to trash stuff, I don't get it....I work hard for the junk I have, I have to take care of it so that I have something to ride next time I go out. The stories you told seems as though the riders were in over their heads. maybe they should have still been riding 440 fans until they learned how to ride. They probably have totaled a few cars out too.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
people have no clue anymore, maybe with the current economic state people will realize how much things cost and that they should take care of them so that they last. People seem to think it is cool to trash stuff, I don't get it....I work hard for the junk I have, I have to take care of it so that I have something to ride next time I go out. The stories you told seems as though the riders were in over their heads. maybe they should have still been riding 440 fans until they learned how to ride. They probably have totaled a few cars out too.

Your 100 percent right they dont, no one appreciates anything they have anymore. ESPECIALLY younger kids, older stuff is seen is junk or just something to wreck for fun, and oh well I will have mom and dad go buy another one. I grew up with little to nothing, I didnt have that option. If stuff broke there was no "well lets go get parts" if you couldnt fix it on the farm it wasnt getting fixed. This taught me VERY early on you take care of the stuff you have when you get it because you never know when you will be able to get another one if the first one breaks.

As for the kids that wrecked my former sleds well they were both basically beginner riders sophomores or so in high school. The on had a 488 fan before the other had a 93 XLT before they bought my sleds. I kind of think you were right both sleds were piped and geared and clutched to optimum performance and they were not ready for them. Not that they really seamed to care when they wrecked them they just bought newer ones and said "oh well". That doesn't sit well with me.

R
Sep 3, 2008
boise idaho
i understand that younger kids do this but i dont. im 15 and look at my 97 as if its a new sled. i dont have my dad go out and buy me new **** all the time. if i want a new sled i work for it if i want mods i get buy it. everything done on my sled is what came out of my pocket. i take care of it because if i brake it i pay for it. most of the kids i know they ride there 09 dragons that there dad bought for them and they ride them to crap and then there dad goes out and buy them new stuff. I hate it when they say your sleds old and it sucks. i feel good though because i paid for it. besides those kids think they can outclimb me. my sled will show them up. im saving for a rev and i work by butt of everyday and i feel good because i earned it.

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
different riding buddies

I don't ride with the people that have the "better than you" complex. I have fun for next to nothing, and don't make payments and usually keep up just fine w the new machines.

I have a funny story about this though. Six of us boondocked into our favorite play area and there was a pack of dragons and a couple 900 RMKs there. We all ride old stuff. The other group had rode the road in from the bottom. When we rolled onto the meadow, the lady riding the 900 blurts out,"I can't believe those old machines made it up here". I was thinking to myself, you just made yourself look really bad since you rode the road in here. If she had come in the the way we would have maybe she could have been talkin' smack, but geez, get real lady......I could have drove my pickup in the way she came in on her mighty 900 166 RMK.

Premium Features