• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 axys pro bog

J
Feb 28, 2011
Took the black diamond can off and went back to stock muffler did not have the problem going to put can back on and see if it goes back to cutting out at 6000 rpm

OnlyPolaris

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada
well ended up that the capacitor for the exhaust valves was shot. new one installed and good to go. was also causing my idle issue. The computer wasn't able to open the exhaust valves half way for start up and idle.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I'm starting to have some issues somewhat related. The powder on the intake vents is a real problem depending on temp and snow conditions.
I'm also having issues when the sled just doesnt sound right, sounds like an exhaust valve issue. But most importantly I cant hold RPM anymore. The first 5-10 hours on the sled I kept adding weight on every ride, now the last 10 hours or so I keep taking weight out on each ride with out much gain. Today I was only pulling 78-7900 most of the time, sometimes 8100, other times 7500.

Tps set, belt adjusted, plugs look good, no det or codes. 28 hours / 375 miles, stock clutch springs and helix.

Sled does have SLP pipe/can but thats been on since the 3rd ride and has worked perfect all along. Eric

Friend's AXYS couldn't go over 7200 rpm and found all rollers in the clutch shot at 600 miles.

S
Jan 17, 2010
went this weekend rode at cumbres nm sled ran great running 63.6 gram heavy hitters hps can must be magic hit break in nothing changed just ran solid vents r a definite problem buddy 11 pro vents nothing my snow all day

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Friend's AXYS couldn't go over 7200 rpm and found all rollers in the clutch shot at 600 miles.

Had both of my clutches apart this past weekend and checked everything, including the rollers. also rate tested both springs. Cant really find anything wrong. Eric

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
Have two sleds here in CO with the 5,800-6,000 rpm range bog issue. Mine literally seems to cut out and wants to throw you over the handlebars when it does it. Have to blurp the throttle several times to clear what appears to be excess fuel from the cylinders and then it will take back off like normal and flat rips above 6k rpm.

One sled has HPS can and other is completely stock, both running super rich in that 1/4 throttle area.

Kind of stumped as to what is going on...

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Have two sleds here in CO with the 5,800-6,000 rpm range bog issue. Mine literally seems to cut out and wants to throw you over the handlebars when it does it. Have to blurp the throttle several times to clear what appears to be excess fuel from the cylinders and then it will take back off like normal and flat rips above 6k rpm.

One sled has HPS can and other is completely stock, both running super rich in that 1/4 throttle area.

Kind of stumped as to what is going on...

Mine did the exact same thing last weekend 3 times. I wonder if it's an exhaust valve issue. Have you had the dealer check the TPS yet?

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Exhaust valves on mine had a ton of buildup on them after only 220 miles. The tiny rod going to the cable above the green mark also had buildup on it, enough where it took more force to move the valves in and out. Pic of it is it cleaned. Other pic is dirty valves. I took a razor blade, brake cleaner and rag to clean them up. Prob not the issue with the bog, but people should be aware these valves do get dirty. Not sure how they claim they don't need serviced. Also have a little wear on the pistons already. Not much, but it's there. Using ves gold oil.

20151230_190651_zpsnnbso83c.jpg

20151230_193826_zpszck8yxbv.jpg

20151230_191138_zpslvccsg0z.jpg

20151230_191246_zpsj33uf4ua.jpg

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Is it possible that the oil pump is adding too much oil during break in? I have 268 miles and about 14 hours and it doesn't have any bog problems and runs great especially on top but if you dog it around or let it idle for too long it will start to load up and leave brown spots on the snow where you idle it.

Has anyone else checked how much oil it's using? I normally top off oil every ride but this last ride I didn't. I burned two almost full tanks of fuel (guessing at about 10 gallons each tank for a total of 20 gallons) and put in almost a full gallon of oil after the low oil light came on! That's a ratio of roughly 20:1. That's pretty dang rich. Just wondering if some of these issues are stemming from a ton of oil going in and gumming up the exhaust valves or something. I ride fairly hard and tend to be wide open mostly all day so maybe that is causing me to burn lots of oil too.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Exhaust valves on mine had a ton of buildup on them after only 220 miles. The tiny rod going to the cable above the green mark also had buildup on it, enough where it took more force to move the valves in and out. Pic of it is it cleaned. Other pic is dirty valves. I took a razor blade, brake cleaner and rag to clean them up. Prob not the issue with the bog, but people should be aware these valves do get dirty. Not sure how they claim they don't need serviced. Also have a little wear on the pistons already. Not much, but it's there. Using ves gold oil.

20151230_190651_zpsnnbso83c.jpg

20151230_193826_zpszck8yxbv.jpg

20151230_191138_zpslvccsg0z.jpg

20151230_191246_zpsj33uf4ua.jpg

So rode last weekend and had 0 bogs. Maybe it was the exhaust valves after all...

W

wisboy25

Feb 10, 2015
Wisconsin
I have 480 miles and 23 hours on mine now all riding done in seven day period I do have bikeman pipe on mine was ran in west yellowstone on non ethanol mode since new never had a single hiccup or big or issue at all two other axys in group both had bogs on and off a couple times and set issues once or twice mine was perfect no issue but I'm 90% sure never had oil dumpex in first tank dealer said they did but no smoke at all says otherwise thinking first tank oil added has something that o do with this maybe

T
Sep 14, 2018
Mine does the same thing, doesn't do it like clock work. Only once in while, it cuts hard enough to almost put you through the bars if it happens just right. Mine has done both on a groomed trail and in windshield deep powder boondocking. Feels more like a fuel thing to me, I think they need to come up with an updated flash for the ecu.
Btw sled has 200 miles on it 100% stock

I’m running a 2018 rmk and mine does the exact same thing since day one. My buddy and I bought 2018 at the same time and broke them in together and his doesn’t have the issue but mine does.

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
This is an older thread however I'm having the bogging issue at 4800-5000 mark. Tps was adjusted to spec at end of last season, still has low idle at 10,000 ft. as of today. idles around 1400-1350 and bogs. Power valves cleaned at the beginning of last season. What has everyone been using for Base and Idle numbers dead on spec. a little over? I have done both and still either low idle and bog. This is a 17' with 1400 on the clock. Updated 18' head SLP stage 3. Was doing it before the head install. I'm thinking clean power valves, TPS adjustment Spec or no Spec that's the big question is there a better set of numbers that work? Maybe a new TPS Maybe down the road. This all started about mid last year, started with low idle and reverse you know the story and progressed to the bog. Same as every other, I'm looking for what has worked? Clutch is good, motor mounts new, has torque arm.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
If your having your dealer set you TPS with the DW , you might need to go into the TPS and really spec it out for yourself, as they have a range that correlates as "in Spec"
What your explaining your symptoms are were pretty much cured with a TPS manual setting.
There is a great write up on the procedure if you do a search on here-
Here are my settings what worked well for me,not all sleds are equal so you may have to see what formula your sled likes.

But what your explaining, seems to be TPS related- especially that low Idle.

Base .691
Idle .947
WOT 4.18

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
They adjusted it once and only did the idle setting with Dw. I have adjusted myself and understand how to. I’m going to go back in and check things and reset. Check power valves and all other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Premium Features