• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch venting

800PowerFanatic

Aug 31, 2010
Buffalo, MN
First day of my first trip on my tss kit I blew a belt at the end of the day. It was warmer and I was having such a blast I never really thought to let the clutches cool down haha but I do have two small extreme air vents on there. Do most people vent the heck out of these with a turbo ?? And does it really really help ?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Even with really good clutching, we have been having some warm weather lately, 40* on the hill and mushy snow and if you sit and flog a 200hp sled, its gonna get hot. especially as it gets warm, and snow gets wet, it tends to plug existing vents. I was just putting my hand even on frame parts under the hood today and everything was very warm. just a lot of heat going on.

realize, your primary is stuck to a crank designed to be operated @ 120 or so degrees. that itself imparts a lot of heat especially as you ride nonstop let that heat soak through belt, secondary, etc.

vents are not a solution to bad clutching but i think a really good upgrade on a turbo sled. just putting that much more power and heat down under the hood. keep it cool and keep the power up!

Last edited:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Some side panel vents do more harm than good, letting snow or water in and are covered with snow when you need them the most. Vent the exhaust side but I don't typically do any clutch side venting. Belt issues are almost always setup or wear related.
A mesh hood is a good way to keep under hood temps down.

800PowerFanatic

Aug 31, 2010
Buffalo, MN
I have two small xtreme air vents on both sides. On the clutch side they have a prefilter and I silicone where the surfaces meet to make sure water doesn't drain in by chance. I just have the clutching that tss gave me with the kit. In my opinion it's works great. Before the tss kit I was running your full Roosterbuilt kit, so I know what good clutching is like! With my last 3 doos the clutches always, even stock run HOT.

Premium Features