• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sportsman Input Needed: Governor's Task Force on Parks and Outdoor Recreation

D

DOO DAWG

Dec 9, 2007
Arlington Wa. USA
Don't come here much, since with the dialup I'm stuck with it seems this is the SLOWEST site on the planet, but this is VERY Important to Motorized access groups not to let the greentards get a stronger foot hold to taking away our rights to OUR public land PLEASE SPEAD THIS AROUND!!This is Dales signature on huntingwashington....."Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups and quit losing opportunity." Agree?? I do!http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,152462.0.htmlSportsman Input Needed: Governor's Task Force on Parks and Outdoor Recreation Gov. Jay Inslee established the Governor's Blue Ribbon Task Force on Parks and Outdoor Recreation through Executive Order 14-01 to develop an action plan and recommendations to manage, transform, better leverage, or develop Washington’s outdoor recreation assets and state programs to increase outdoor recreation activities as well as promote the jobs and business associated with outdoor reaction. The task force will hold several meetings across the state to collect information on regional priorities and suggestions for state action. The task force will complete a draft pan and recommendations by September 1, 2014 and a final plan and recommendations by September 18. The task force will expire on December 31, 2014.• Charter• Governor's briefing paper on the task forcehttp://www.engageoutdoorwashington.com/Quotehttp://www.engageoutdoorwashington.com/about-this-siteWashington Blue Ribbon Task Force on Parks and Outdoor RecreationThe Governor's Blue Ribbon Task Force on Parks and Outdoor Recreation invites you to contribute your thoughts, ideas, and creativity regarding ways to transform outdoor recreation in Washington State. During the next four months, we will prompt you with questions falling under several key focus areas as part of an online forum.We value your input and look forward to hearing from you! Washington Governor Jay Inslee established the Blue Ribbon Task Force on Parks and Outdoor Recreation to develop an action plan and recommendations to manage, transform, and leverage Washington's outdoor recreation assets and state programs.The action plan and recommendations will focus on the following:• Increase outdoor recreation activities and promote jobs and businesses associated with outdoor recreation.• Support and expand outdoor recreation jobs, businesses, and tourism across the state.• Promote and expand recreationaly fishing and hunting opportunities as a way of advancing local economies.• Promote outdoor recreation experiences and increase environmental awareness for youth, families, and adults.• Support Washington-based businesses' use of Washington's quality of life and outdoor recreation experiences in recruiting and retaining talented employees as well as in attracting new businesses to the state.• Develop long-term sustainable funding sources for Washington State Parks and other outdoor recreation lands and infrastructure managed by the Departments of Fish and Wildlife and Natural Resources.• Develop recommendations for establishing an organizational mechanism to oversee implementation of the action plan.The action plan and recommendations are due to the Governor and Legislature by September 19, 2014.-----------------------------------------------------------------Fellow Hunters, Fishers, & Recreationists,This Blue Ribbon Task Force on Parks and Recreation provides an opportunity for hunters, fishers, and other recreationists to be heard. I am honored to have been appointed by Governor Inslee to serve on the Task Force. So that you have an idea of my background I'm a lifelong hunter, fisher, participant in all types of outdoor recreation, an outfitter and hunting guide for more than 35 years, a member of many sportsman's groups, owner of a popular Washington hunting forum, and on the Board of Directors of the Colville Fish Hatchery (a fisheries and vocational learning center for area high school students).Thanks,DaleReady to make your voice heard? Get started here: Engage Outdoor WashingtonHow It WorksThis is your community. Shouldn't you have a say in what its future looks like? Join this online conversation to connect with community members and local leaders. Topics Your community leaders have some questions, and they need your input. Submit your ideas and discuss with others on the Topics page.ActivityAs everyone weighs in, all your ideas are listed on the Activity page. Here, you can sort, rate and comment on them all in one place.Who’s ListeningThe community leaders who are taking part in this conversation are listed on the Who’s Listening page. They’re taking your input into account and shaping the future of your community based on the feedback they’re receiving from you and your fellow participants. FAQHow do I get started? How do I customize my profile? How do I find out who is sponsoring this site? What is a topic? How do I provide feedback? How can I see what other participants are saying? What happens to my feedback? What does it mean when an idea is reviewed? How do I accumulate points? How can I share this site with my friends on other social networks? (and answers to other questions)Top ContributorsWeekly Active Participants, All-Time Active Participants, Top Idea Generators, Top Commenters, Want to earn more points? Here’s how!Rewards StoreWe want you to know how much we appreciate your contributions to our online conversation. Here you can redeem the engagement points you earned for great local rewards.About this SiteYour community is officially sponsoring this site. At the About page, see who's listening and read about their goals for this forum.

D

DOO DAWG

Dec 9, 2007
Arlington Wa. USA
As I said before about this site SLOW loading I can think of nothing that would make me want to re up as a paying member since I've waited 10 minutes to get to where I can post this. Sorry Chris... Now for my post....We must be doing okay since this participant saysperhaps we should have events to get kids interested in activities that do not impact the environment; photography, painting, bird watching and other such activities should be encouraged over resource intensive recreation such as hunting and fishing. Take only pictures, leave only footprints.Is also saying thisI agree, this website doesn't work very well and (at least so far) has not reached a wide enough range of people.Keep it up because they will show up eventually

Premium Features