• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I need your opinions guys!!

B
Sep 23, 2012
Salt Lake City
I picked this wrap up this week and threw it on today. Now i need to decide if i should do some powder coating... What do you guys think? does the red look outta place? if so what color should i powder coat the a arms and stuff?? :face-icon-small-ton

photo (8).jpg photo (11).jpg photo (12).jpg

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
Color match the blue or green from the wrap. Maybe kyron fusion paint skid plate black or white to blend in.
JMO not a big fan or red.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Depends.......Are you in luv with your wrap??? If so, go nuts with the blue and green. If not......loose the red and powdercoat some of the parts either black or white, and add a tunnel / tank wrap to match. That way if you can change out the wrap down the road if you want or the "next" guy has the option without spending a bunch to make the changes.

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
Doing the majority of the stuff in white or black will look a heck of a lot better and still be okay if you decide to take the wrap off in the future.

And black pow-coat is sometimes cheaper!

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I think it looks fine, unless you want a new seat too. If your loosing the red on the skid plate and steel parts then you need to lose it on the seat and tunnel decals. Most of the "IN" graphics don't match or blend anyway, They look like someone cut loose with an automatic weapon in a paint store, clashing colors and blotchy graphics. Your sled blends old school with the new trendy look and looks good to me. Not cutting edge, but good. My two cents

lorne1176

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2010
Red Deer, AB
I'd do white for the A-arms, rear suspension and skid plate, green for the springs and black for the rails and spindles and finish off with a RSI gripper seat cover (black only color comes in)....Love the Wrap

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
I picked this wrap up this week and threw it on today. Now i need to decide if i should do some powder coating... What do you guys think? does the red look outta place? if so what color should i powder coat the a arms and stuff?? :face-icon-small-ton

Lose all the red - powder coat the A-arms white, spindles, rails and outer tube of running boards either green or blue, wrap the tunnel in straight black, white for the seat post and rear bumper. Remember to find a powder coater who will use the low temp setting on his oven. SOP is 400 degrees for 15 minutes - should be 340 degrees for 20 minutes.

Last edited:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Red is bad. Especially the seat. I'd powdercoat and either do a new seat cover or do what I did and get Vinyl dye and spray the whole thing black.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Agree, the red looks out of place.
Cheap route, dye the red on the seat to black or vinyl paint, whatever that chit is.
Scrape off the red tunnel stickers and plasti dip the A arms and rear suspension arms the color of your choice.
Scrap the skid plate or trade/buy a black or white one.
Potentially do that all for less than $100 out of pocket if you could trade the skid plate.

B
Sep 23, 2012
Salt Lake City
I never even considered doing a plati dip. Im sure it would hold up decent enough. Ill do that. I think that vinyl paint is a good way to go as well, i need to look into that. Does it hold up pretty well?

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I never even considered doing a plati dip. Im sure it would hold up decent enough. Ill do that. I think that vinyl paint is a good way to go as well, i need to look into that. Does it hold up pretty well?

No, it really doesn't LOL. It lasts about 6 rides before it starts to wear off at the Polaris letters. It stays on the red and white section a little longer. But the reason I bring it up is that it is cheap and super easy to do over and over. The seat comes off easily and you can spray it over again in about 20 minutes no problem.

Premium Features