• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PRO 600 mod questions.... help please

For my summer mini project I am doing a wrap, can, PAR head and re-clutching my 600. What clutching do you guys recommend with the PAR head? I have never done any mods to my sleds so I don't know what to put on. I can get dealer cost on SLP stuff so any suggestions there would be great! Thanks!

B
Dec 19, 2012
Leduc County, AB
Arcticfx has some cool wraps, great quality and for pretty much same price as all competition. I am also doing PAR head (going with 31:1 ratio) along with hps can. for clutching Carls I have heard has a great kit, but SLP is a good option as well.

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
My vote is for Carl's clutching. I did that with the PA head and it ran awesome.

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Put the 800 power valve springs in! For a few bucks it gives that Par head a real wake up on bottom end and gives power band a lot more linear feel, it makes motor work a little instead of quick revving to peak. Go with Slp clutching, I did my own setup and it worked great! Get Hps can and ride the hell out of it! Oh and I would block off the electric solenoid for power valves as well, let the motor decide when to open and close valves it knows best...

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Is the PAR head going to invite DET issues? Seemed like the thing to do for the 6 until DET issues showed up in some threads. I want pull and go.

We ran 3 different sleds with the Par head and never had one issue, I even ran my 13.6:1 head down at 5500 feet and never saw it, but I did add a little octane boost.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Not sure about the 600, but the biggest thing I noticed when putting the PAR on my 800 was the need for proper clutch weights. It would go into limp mode before I really weighted it down with my MTX weights. After that, no issues. I'm not sure if the 600 follows the same lines or if they actually have real DET issues reguardless of clutching. my .02

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Any suggestion for #'s on the clutches from SLP?

Carl's has a clutch kit that is tried, trued, and tested for the 600. Comes with a helix, primary spring, and weights. Give Chris at Carl's a call and make life easy on yourself.

Premium Features