• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BCA Float 22 v.s. Float Throttle 22

rocks rev

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Flat Tops Colorado
I ordered a Float Throttle 22 (so I thought) but when i got it it ended up being a Float 22 The person I delt with is gone till Tuesday. Whats the $ difference in the 2 and is the only thing different the pull cord location?

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I ordered a Float Throttle 22 (so I thought) but when i got it it ended up being a Float 22 The person I delt with is gone till Tuesday. Whats the $ difference in the 2 and is the only thing different the pull cord location?

I believe that's the difference.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
Throttles have been sold out for awhile. Whoever you dealt with should have known that. There is no price difference. The handle is on the right shoulder instead of the left. That way you can grab it and still have your hand on the throttle, hence the name. I think there may also be some slight differences in pocket, etc configurations, but I am not sure. I had a Float 22 that was the wrong color so I called BCA to return it and they had just received a couple Throttles back from a dealer in Canada so hopefully what is in the mail to me is a Throttle and then I'll be able to compare the difference. It's supposed to get here tomorrow.

S

sledrider

Nov 26, 2007
Wherever the snow is
I think BCA just got back in stock on the Throttle 22...... I was wating for two direct from BCA and I received them last week after being back ordered for two monthes.

rocks rev

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Flat Tops Colorado
I talked to 'Her" last week and she said the Float 22 was sent by accident, and she would make it right, Talked to her today and she is sending me a pre paid shipping label to send the Float 22 back and I will have my Throttle 22 within a week. :thumb: to this dealer

rp2000r

Lifetime Membership
Sep 28, 2011
Bothell, WA
I think BCA just got back in stock on the Throttle 22...... I was wating for two direct from BCA and I received them last week after being back ordered for two monthes.

I had one on back order from Oct 15th and I received mine last week too!

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
Float Throttle 22

I just got my two today. Does anyone else think that it is a REALLY BAD IDEA to have the pull handle inside a zippered pocket? Especially since you have to pull UP on the zipper? If you forget to take that handle out before you hit avy terrain you are totally screwed.

Now I can see where this might work for a skier since they have to plan to be in avy terrain and it may take them hours to get in position to make one brief run so remembering to pull it out before they kick off might be a no brainer but for a snowmobiler? Really? My son is going to remember that as he darts out of the trees onto an avy slope he needs to unzip that little pocket first? Yeah, right. Snowmobilers go from non-avy to avy terrain in seconds, not minutes and hours. I can very easily see a snowmobiler getting caught in an avy and not being able to activate their bag.

I for one will be cutting that zipper off - maybe put a velcro tab over it or something.

clarson80

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2007
Valley City, ND
Don't throw the zipper away if you cut it off...you might want it back on there if it goes off in your gear bag, or gets triggered some other time unintentionally.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
I just got my two today. Does anyone else think that it is a REALLY BAD IDEA to have the pull handle inside a zippered pocket? Especially since you have to pull UP on the zipper? If you forget to take that handle out before you hit avy terrain you are totally screwed.

Now I can see where this might work for a skier since they have to plan to be in avy terrain and it may take them hours to get in position to make one brief run so remembering to pull it out before they kick off might be a no brainer but for a snowmobiler? Really? My son is going to remember that as he darts out of the trees onto an avy slope he needs to unzip that little pocket first? Yeah, right. Snowmobilers go from non-avy to avy terrain in seconds, not minutes and hours. I can very easily see a snowmobiler getting caught in an avy and not being able to activate their bag.

I for one will be cutting that zipper off - maybe put a velcro tab over it or something.

easy solution... unzip it at the start of your ride:doh:

Premium Features