• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 rev turbo.carb questions

Does anyone know the output of the stock mech oil pump on an 800 rev? Year is 06 and wondering if i can use that to feed my turbo or if I need to install a 12 volt pump...what power sources are available??? I am not running a headlights, taillight, or hand warmers, but I need a source that will have instant power all the time...I am running a couple gauges (water and ambient temp) and need post for a fuel pump and egts as well as a possible oil pump. I'm not running a battery at the time, but might need one to keep the fuel.pump running at all times...thoughts???

BTW its a ball bearing turbo so i dont need much oil, just constant feed.

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
Yes you can mix your fuel and use your oil injection pump to run your turbo. If you can figure out a way to seal your bottom end to keep cooler oil on the center drive of your crank and also run the pump. The center of the crank needs stay oiled. With the capability of changing the oil in there.

The stock electrical can run fuel pump and oil pump.

Well I am just wondering if teeing both ports on the pump will be enough oil... The ball bearing turbos don't require much, but I don't know how much it will put out. I could alwYs pull the pumpump off to change the oil in the case cavity...

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
turbo

I have run my xp this way for 2 years now. Skidoo sells a small bottle that the racers use to oil the worm drive for the coolant/oil pump as they are premix. No need to worry about changing that oil as it is a contained reservoir in stock form as well. The stock oil injection delivers at a much better rate for the turbo and doesnt require a restrictor jet. In the XP when you unhook the oil pump cable the spring rotates the oil pump to a full oil position....a safe guard in the event the cable breakes. I would assume the rev was the same but double check with your dealer.

good luck

Yeah I am premixing already... Sounds like that will be the first attempt then. What kind of compression are people running with 5 to 7 pounds on 91 octane at 9000 feet and up?? I am pretty excited to get this thing running....

G
Apr 23, 2008
It is gravity fed, No its not vacum that runs it and even if your oil tank is slightly below the pump. You can fill the tank, open the bleed bolt on the pump and using your moutn on the oil tank fill or vent BLOW the oil up to the pump unitl it bleeds clean. Once its bled it will pull the oil to it.

Gus

What kind and type of twelve volt oil pumps are people running on journal type bearings??? Talked to the manuf and told me it requires ten to twelve psi on the turbo...so my mechanical pump won't work. I had hopes it was ball bearing but a few guys say becquse it does not have water cooling on the housing it is journal... Had it torn apart and there is a rather large cavity and I can see the shaft with a bearing on each end... Doesn't look like a ball and that is what I was told anyway.
So... Where could you get such a pump?? 10 to 12 psi at twelve volt. Now I might be in the area of needing a battery for fuel and oil pump...thoughts? Running no lights, no grip or thumb heaters, and a digitron 2 display egt and two cyberdine temp gauges for water and ambient. Planning on a mech boost gauge... Help me out guys!!!

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
This is for a ball bearing turbo, same pressure as you want though...
Turbo Boyz Oil Pump
Not sure about your #'s though. MHI recommends 8psi @ idle and 42psi @ operating rpm for journal bearing.

Sep 17, 2009
Oregon
I'm in the same boat trying to figure out a pump with enough pressure for a journal bearing too. Tilton makes a differential oil pump that I have heard good things about. Summit Racing sells them for $169.95 but they are 60psi so it would most likely need to be regulated to keep seals alive. Here is the link for them http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TIL-40-524/. There are a few others that I have found but haven't heard a lot about. http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/oilsystems.htm

Premium Features