• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need some ski help???

D
Sep 20, 2011
Central Minnesota
Hello, I have a 1997 Polaris Super Sport 488 and i bought some plastic skis at haydays this year, problem is, they go on fine and all but the rubber stoppers is what doesnt seem right, i put it on with stopper and all and it seems to be just not right, are these rubber stoppers important? would it be fine with the ones i have? The ski number and everything is this Brand: PPD (mason SD)
ds0142/j1

thanks a ton!

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
The rubber stops are needed. The bolts will go in, its supposed to go in hard. Easiest way is the set the whole thing together and put the sled down on the ski to put pressure on the rubber block.

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
Do not operate without the rubber bushings. The bushings keep the ski pointed up a bit, and tight, no flopping around. You do not describe your issue, so I'll guess: Cannot install ski bolt - try large C-clamps, wide-mouthed vis-grips,etc, just part of the tightness required. Got the bushing in backwards, turn it around. Got the wrong bushing, there are narrow and wide bushings; I think the 97's used a narrow one. Lots of things, but you need to do it.

D
Sep 20, 2011
Central Minnesota
yeah i was just making sure if there were different stoppers for different spindles, ive found the skis on a parts website and i was wondering if the stopper off a 04 pro x (skis are off of) would work better or a stopper from my super sport. thanks guys

S

SpencerA

Mar 30, 2010
Portland Oregon
Does anyone know where to buy Bushings at? My wifes 488 Trail deluxe bushing are bad and need to be replaced but I can't find them anywhere. Her bushings are more narrow then my 97's so I assume on the older sleds they were different?

Premium Features