• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tracker 2 Hype

S
Dec 1, 2007
I had just seen last week a couple videos on Youtube showing the Tracker 2. Personally I have the old model Tracker and the newer Tracker. After watching the video and seeing it in use, I don't know how much better it is compared to the earlier models.

Obviously the 3 antenna compared to 2 is better, and it tells you with a blinking red light that there is a multiple burial, but still doesn't give you extra info and capability like the Mammut Pulse as far as marking the burial and ignoring that signal.

I was very interested in getting one lately and last year when they were first shown, but after seeing the lack in improvements compared to other brands, I am not as impressed.

Don't get me wrong, I know the DTS Trackers are very good and I will always have mine, but won't be getting a newer Tracker untill they can ignore a marked signal.

Do others feel the same or just me?

E

EagleRiverDee

Dec 15, 2009
Eagle River, Alaska
Well I don't have anything bad to say about the Tracker, but I just bought my first beacon after several weeks of reading about them and I went with the Pieps DSP because it could suppress a signal of a beacon already found in a multiple burial situation plus got great marks for ease of use. For me, it was between the Ortovox S1 and the Pieps. I didn't really consider the Tracker because it didn't get good enough reviews.

Premium Features