• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 Viper MTX 162 LE MPI turbo Video

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
I'm no professional rider but here's some video of the turbo in action.

Last edited:

YZ426F

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Alaska
Nice video looks like they're running pretty clean. But was wondering why you ran the intake all the away over to the clutch side and out?

V
Feb 25, 2014
Matt@mpi I'm new to the whole turbo world so this might be a stupid question lol but i see your fuel controller is mounted on the right below the gauge whats the screen mounted on your bars for ? also what psi boost are you running here ? stage1 or 2? and how much hp? thanks for posting this vid looks great and thanks for the info

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
Matt@mpi I'm new to the whole turbo world so this might be a stupid question lol but i see your fuel controller is mounted on the right below the gauge whats the screen mounted on your bars for ? also what psi boost are you running here ? stage1 or 2? and how much hp? thanks for posting this vid looks great and thanks for the info

That gauge is a screen that displays several channels of data acquisition. We measure several different things like: boost,RPM,AFR,water temp,intake temps,fuel pressure,oil pressure, GPS speed and so on. We can choose to display any of those things on the gauge. We can then download this info and review it. That day we were running 6psi. We don't even consider this kit stage 1. It's the non intercooled version. We consider stage 1 to have a intercooler. Stage 2 has a completely different turbo (larger) and a different fuel system. The non intercooled is 180-190 hp, stage 1 is 220-230 and stage 2 is 270-290 hp.

V
Feb 25, 2014
matt i have been working with the guys at G-Force division in qubec they are your Canadian distributor for eastern canada (correct me if I'm wrong) they told me stage 1 is 190hp and stage 2 $5995 is 225hp? are these numbers lower because I'm at sea level or are they playing it safe and keeping the boost low? I'm confused I'm only aiming for 220 hp according to your numbers i only need stage 1 according to them i need stage 2 ? one thing i just realized are your numbers on race fuel? i will be running on pump gas

also the kit that runs without a intercooler like in the vid yamaha is offering it on there spring surge program for a discounted price but it says high elevation kit . Can this kit be used at low elevation ? Or is the spring order promo only good for ppl above 6000ft?

thanks for the info

Last edited:

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
matt i have been working with the guys at G-Force division in qubec they are your Canadian distributor for eastern canada (correct me if I'm wrong) they told me stage 1 is 190hp and stage 2 $5995 is 225hp? are these numbers lower because I'm at sea level or are they playing it safe and keeping the boost low? I'm confused I'm only aiming for 220 hp according to your numbers i only need stage 1 according to them i need stage 2 ? one thing i just realized are your numbers on race fuel? i will be running on pump gas

also the kit that runs without a intercooler like in the vid yamaha is offering it on there spring surge program for a discounted price but it says high elevation kit . Can this kit be used at low elevation ? Or is the spring order promo only good for ppl above 6000ft?

thanks for the info

MPI has always identified stage 1,2,3 etc with a different supercharger/turbocharger unit. i.e. The stage 1 supercharger used a Rotrex C15-60 and 2 used C30-74 and the turbo is no different. The stage 1 uses a Mitsubishi 15G and the stage 2 uses 19T. So if someone else takes our kit and adds other things to it and calls it a stage 2 kit that’s there deal NOT MPI. So just make sure you get all the facts. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I hope this clears it up for you.<O:p</O:p

Premium Features